cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSTRSRV Job in QUSRWRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is this job?

I am in an HA environment where we switch to systemB after shutting down SAP on systemA. We start SAP on systemB.

The question is should I be ending this process on systemA? Is there any harm in leaving it active?

If the process needs to be ended....I need the script/command to be able to do this in a CL program.

This is what is seen in the joblog for the startup of the job.

CALL PGM(R3INLPGM) PARM('/usr/sap/PRD/SYS/exe/run/sapstartsrv' 'pf=/usr/sa

p/PRD/SYS/profile/START_DVEBMGS00_CURLY' '-D')

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

this job is set up the library list and environment variables required for start sap instance.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this mean I can leave it running on both systemA and systemB without harm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this job is not harm to the system, so you can leave it

it is called before STARTSAP and STOPSAP

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What confuses me is why does it need to be a job that is never ending and runs in subsystem QUSRWRK.

I do not necessarily need an answer to this.....it must need to do something more than service the startsap and stopsap command..........if it truly only is needed for start and stop, why leave it running as a batch job in QUSRWRK.

Thanks for your help, I will ignore the job when switching back and forth between A and B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

Like Kaushal and Bjoern mentioned, you could just ignore this job. SAP Note 893215 "SAP Start Service on iSeries" has extra info about it.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

SAPSTRSRV is a job started automatically for every intance since 7.0 that provides managementfunctionality for your SAP systems with a webbrowser.

Connect to your system using url

[http://<host>:5<instance>13]

You can start the sapstartservicejobs by calling R3SAP400/SAPINIT as QSECOFR. It will look for entries in the file /usr/sap/sapservices and start the SAPSTRSRV jobs for all systems in there.

Hope this helps

Bjoern