cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import exported mapping in SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a exported mapping from Integration repository file with .xim extension. How we can can import it another XI server.

Thanks

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible because after import you will use a lost of information. Please don't do that because export is unofficial.

in order to export: hold ctrlshiftright click (tools-export tools->Export)

my advice use it only as a documentation after proper transformation

Best regards,

Wojciech

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for there comments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think only Jhin Shin from SAP can anwere this question because in one of the OSS messages created by me he has asked to export file in xim extension

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

Refer -/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/02/06/xi-mapping-tool-exports and also the discussion below.

raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chaitanya,

I've never tried. But try the following way.

Assign source and target messages. In the Mapping editor CTRLSHIFTRight click, there u will see Import option , now import the .xim file.

PS: It's not recommended by SAP to import/export mapping programs.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u import any objects then ur file be .tpz extension. I m surprised how ur file extension is .xim extension.

have u followed the same process which is mentioned below:

1) tools->export->select->FTP/CMS-> selct whole SWCV,individual objects,namespace and finish.

after whole process it will give the .tpz file name u need to take the file from that FTp server and u need to follow the reverse process in IR.

Import:

tools->import->ans go on.

Refer the link for process.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/frameset.htm

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

how you export the mapping code from IR? can you please let me know the steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you did by:

IRTools>Export Objects>Select SWCV>(Individual Object)--> Message Mapping

currect me if i am wrong?

thanks

farooq

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Farooq,

No. The unofficial/un documented way of exporting is CTRLSHIFTRIGHT Click you will see export option.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Correct me if I m wrong the file extension is .tpz right then how he is getting .xim extension.

This is just to add info in my repository.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mapping code generated internally for that specific source and target messag. Now it is not a good idea to export this mapping and use it. it may give lots of conflicts at runtime...so better to create the Mapping programme and use that. try to abvoid reusalbililty by thie method:)

Thanks

Farooq

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chirag,

Do the steps which I mentioned above, it will give you .xim extension. You have to do the steps in Mapping editor(Graphical flow editor- where u define mapping) not in mapping object name.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj.

Better we should not propose this solution else it will spread on SDN like anything:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Raj,

This option is available only in mapping editior?

Thnx

Chirag

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Chirag.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Raj,

Cheers,

Chirag