cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPlogon-pad problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm calling a function-module which starts a transaction and opens a GUI to show data. The call is: " results = this.SAPInvoke("Z_Vb_Test_Fg_Called_By_Vb",new object[] ); ". Before this I open a connection to SAP. When the SAPInvoke... is started the standard SAPLogon-Pad appears during the function-module opens the GUI and shows data (it is not opened during the connection is opened but just when SAPInvoke... starts). The SAPLogon-pad stays in the background, it is shown in the taskbar and in the notification area (next to the clock) and it doesn't get closed automatically even if the SAP-session and the connection are closed. The SAPLogon-pad is not needed. A probelem occurs when a user closes the SAPlogon-pad before closing the SAP-session. Then the SAPlogon disappears from the taskbar but it is not closed and can only be reactivated by clicking on the icon in the notification area. It is not possible to start the SAPlogon-pad manually by clicking "Start, Programs, SAP Front End, SAP Logon" because nothing happens.

So my question is, if it's possible not to open the SAPlogon-pad at all or close it by my program.

Thanks

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

Best regards

Jochen

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using an "interactive" RFC function that brings up the GUI. Ideally you should avoid this in general.

But anyway, they way how the GUI comes up and what "sideeffect" it has depends on the version of GUI you are using. In newer versions SAPGUI and SAPLOGON has been integrated to a single process, so starting GUI via RFC has this interesting side effect. I'm sure that you can solve the problem by using a different GUI version or by configuring GUI that is "looses" this coupling of SAPLOGON and SAPGUI. If or how this configuration is possible is unfortunaty beyond my experience. You may open an OSS-ticket in GUI area and ask there.