Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device management in Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query regarding Device creation in Mobile 7.1

i.e., whether different users can use the same device? while working with the emulator. or Every user should have a different Device

Suggestions & Ideas are welcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 the data on the client is device dependent and not user dependent. But this architecture includes also an authorization concept. It is possible to display or select data depending on the user that is currently logged in. So it is possible to share one device with different users.

The authorization should be implemented by the application developer,

Best Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I got the exact point

Very good answer

Thanks for the answer stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to make it simple for the developers to test the application with data and to prevent you from data problems it is a good idea to give every developer his own device to run in his emulator.

And I think from the technical perspective it is not even possible to share the device over several PCs. If you have two developers sitting at the same PC and then using the same emulator as well, that is something different and that is possible - even I would not recommend it - but I think you talk about two users, two PC, but share the same instance on the Middleware. If this is the case - no, do not do that, you run into hughe problems.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Oliver