Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print to HP1022N

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Our colleagues in Czech rep. Have installed an HP Laserjet 1022n with an internal Jetdirect network card.

The printer is pinging OK from the AS400 system.

Native AS400 spools (remote output queue defined as IP) stay in *SND status.

Also prints from SAP (in SPAD defined with access method 'C' ) stay as *SND in the AS400 output queue.

If tried also to define the printer in SAP with access method U (Berkeley), but then I get the message 'Unable to reach the remote host spool system'

Any hints ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

HP1022N doesn't allow port 515

We replaced printer by other HP model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is (SAP)lpd runs on the destination host where printer is attached?

check the printer configuration in SPAD.

regards,

kaushal

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

no, there is no SAPLPD server in between. The printer is directly connected to the network through an internal Jetdirect network card.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to use access method U than (SAP)lpd must be running on destination host.

you are use AS400 The best solution is to use the access methods C.

check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/26/ceea3b31aac554e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

in my original message (see above) I mentioned that I started off by using method C (as we normally do with all our network printers)

If defined as method C, the spoolfiles show up in the AS400 output queue, but don't leave (stay in with status *SND)

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

output queue stay in with status *SND

The OS400 remote-writer writer will wait until PDFing (or any other remote printer) starts to listen on TCP/IP port 515. If PDFing is started, you should check that the TCP/IP address assigned to the output-queue being written is the same as the address assigned to the PC on which PDFing is running.

You can check to see whether OS400 can "ping" this PC.

If you can ping the PC from OS400, check the network status, using NETSTAT *CNN on the AS/400 and netstat -n on the PC. If all else fails, it is "just" possible that OS400 is not functioning correctly.

if it is not working you can use access method U

check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/d9/4a933c51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/c1/d4ea3bb5af9112e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

there's no PC in between. It's IP printing from the AS400 to a printer directly connected to the network. The printer's IP address is pinging OK from the AS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

might be there is a Firewall which blocks the Ports 515 / 9100 defined for printing with access methods C / U.

Regards

Guido

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, We are also thinking that route now.

We used a portping tool to ping with port 515 to the printer and we get a 'connection refused'.

Portping to another printer in the network works fine.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HP printers usually use a "socket" connection.

Try port 9100

Markus

jo_degraeve
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok markus

port 9100 pings OK

but... how do I convince the AS400 output queue to send the data over port 9100 for this printer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you would use access method U the printer should work now.

If you want to use access method C you will have to create a device descrition using CRTDEVPRT, here you can define the port. Remote outq will not work.

Regards

Guido