cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refreshing view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm very stumped here so hoping someone can help.

Sorry if this is described in too general terms.

In an iView table I have data mapped to a node mapped to a model showing a list of users that is populated with a method call that executes a RFC model to get this list.

I have added a checkbox to the table and a button that when invoked calls another RFC to update details on a user such that they will be excluded from the first RFC mentioned above.

The checkbox and button all work fine as I can examine the data in the backend.

However I am truely stuck with getting the data to refresh in the iView table unless I manually choose to refresh it using the option tray 'Refresh'

I can call execute on the model bound to the first RFC again but it seems to return the full set of data. I am invalidating nodes left right and centre but can not see what is not happening that needs to happen.

I have been shown that client side caching is turned off for this iview so am stumped. There is no other code that is called the first time the view is rendered that I have not tried to call. I have set the Lifespan of the view to "when_visible". Tried using view.reset in wdDoModifyView, etc.

Is there a programmatic way to call the 'Refresh' option tray option?

thanks for any advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for as I know the data in model can be refreshed or modified in two ways.

1) calling RFC and invalidating the nodes

2) manual modification (i.e. manually deleting or adding elements).

In your case, I think that you have to call RFC and the fresh data .

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've done the calling of the RFC and invalidating the node(s).

What is weird is that the data returned in the RFC output (can be examined as an xml string) doesn't seem to be showing the correct state.

I'm not sure if there is something wierd happening with the caching still but all settings for the iview say no client caching

method 2 I've also done but this removal of elements from the node doesn't persist with navigation around the application....

thanks