cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Error: Cannot deploy application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys:

I develop my WD applications on NWDS2.0.9, and deploy to EP6.40 SP19. Some applications go jsut fine, but some of them cannot be deployed. The system says

"Aborted: development component 'ReportUsedByPage'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2008.02.21.17.52.23'/'0':Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/ReportUsedByPage.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/ReportUsedByPage. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/ReportUsedByPage. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine? (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)"

I try to deploy the same application to EP6.40 SP16(another server), and it works just fine.

The project settings are the same, and i don't know what's the difference between two EPs.

Both of them are not changed after installed.

Any idea about this problem? Any suggestion, please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu-Chi

In the log trace you can see following line:

"Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?"

Which components are local/ReportUsedByPage referencing. Could you verify that these referenced components are deployed on the server.

Regards

Göran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. How can i find the information about those missing component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yu-Chi

I think you can see all deployed components in for example your sdm gui. Start your sdm gui /usr/sap/ build path. If you are developing a development component you could check the DC Metadata context and then used dc's.

Regards

Göran

Edited by: Göran Westin on Feb 22, 2008 1:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot !

I finally found the problem after i check all the dynpro application on server. The deploy exception results from the duplicate of the application. Those application already exist on the server. However, i am really confused. When I deploy those applications to the other EP server, it just update the orginal applications, but it shows exception when deployed to this one.

Is there any config problem?

Now, I need to study how to remove those old version applications. Our new EP server is linux base, i am not sure it also supports GUI Admin tools.

Really appreciate your help, have a nice weekend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the other threads, I solved this problem by changing the application name( build a new one), and component name. After that, it is fine to deploy the applications.

I still want to know other solutions, please reply this if you got better idea.

Anyway, it is a solution although not a smart one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have solved this issue by undeplyoing the component in SDM server. I was also getting the same error as clustered exception. I have tried by undeploying the component in SDM server. and deployed the same component in NWDS. eployed Successfully.And Its started working fine.

So i think no need to either remove or rename the component to get rid of that exception.

Hope this helps u all.

Regards

Sireesha.