cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping negative numbers from file to idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am working with a FILE to IDOC scenario and i want to map a number from the file to the IDOC.

The number has two decimals and can be negative or positive. Based on this i will request the user to recreate the file´s fields.

My questions is, what is the best practice in order to treat this number? as far as i know, in SAP negative numbers are defined with the sign as the last character.

I mean, in case the number is negative (in the file), is it better to ask the user to add the sign in the last character??

i.e: 126,00- --> ?

or is better to treat the number, depending on the first character?

i.e: -126,00 --> ?

I know that we can work out with several options but i would like to know which is the best way, from your experience.

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to send it as'-1234' from Xi SAP will convert it into '1234-'.I have done the payroll interface were i have sended the data as '-123' from XI end and it has been converted as '-123'.

Regards,

phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

So.. you mean it is better to specify '-123,55' (later on we will map the decimal) and SAP will transform it to '123,55-', right?

could you please explain how did you set your message mapping for this kind of fields? did you use any function?

If not, where the conversion takes place?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My interfaces is payroll interfaces were employee data will come and it has to be inserted into INTOTYPE2010,so the employee payment will be in + value or - ve value.

in graphical mapping i have not done any thing its simple one to one mapping.

at SAPECC side it will take and intersert into DB and when u check in database tale the data will look like '123-'.

Regards,

Phani

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

u need to do simple one to one mapping.

no need to use any function SAP will take care of the negative sign

ie send it as '-1234' from Xi and it will be posted into iDoc as

"-1234" and sap will handle it properly.

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check in SAP which data format is required for this field of the IDOC and will make some testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use it like that '-123'. XI and bacend SAP will be able to handle it.

Best regards,

Wojciech