cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document not relevant for billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am trying to create an invoice based on delivery and I get "Document not relevant for billing" message.

The same applies when I try to create an invoice from order.

I have looked at the item categories and all that and seems ok.

Any clues?

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created new document type and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the detailed error log in VF01 screen.. we may get more information on error..

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok will check all of the above as soon as one of my colleagues stops using the delivery I created!!! Typical 🐵

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check all settings in item category which you are using.

like item type,completion rule etc should be nil.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check item category which you are using in sales order for the particular material and then goto item category and check whether it is billing relevance (generally it will be "A" delivery related billing) indicator is there or not.

Check in copy controls of delivery to billing whether that item category is there are not(for eg.TAN).

If these conditions satisfy then there will be no problem.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Reward points if helped you.

Bye

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check whether you have completed the PGI for the delivery and then try billing.

Regards

KRSNA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

First check have u completed the PGI for the delivery document or not.

Wat you said is correct ..Once again Plz go to that iTem Category functionality VOV7 fine it is order or delivary related billing.

And after that go and check in the particule Sales order document type whether billing document types are maintained in the sales doct or not..

If every thing is correct go and find with copy controls

If it order related go VTFA

if it Delivary related go VTFL and check in ur document type combination is maintained or not, if they are maintained item category is available or not..

Plz check, i hope this will help you..

Rewards, if it is Useful..

Regards

Durga Prasad

Edited by: Durga Sana on Feb 21, 2008 11:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga.

Checked it all out again and it seems to be set up correctly.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

look again in VOV7 for your item category and check Billing Relevance. the value may be 'not relevant for billing'.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan.

Checked it again and item category is relevant for billing.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

in that case, do as the others said, do VOV8 and check for the billing types assignment of your sales doc type. then check VTFA and VTFL at header level. then, in item level. look into the price types and data transfers.

but i wonder, is it possible the sales document was copied form FOC type? however...

this is getting very interesting...

Edited by: jonathan yap on Feb 21, 2008 6:09 PM