cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Value help in Adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Can anyone tell me how to get Value help in adobe form from a field of database table which is associated with search help. It comes by default in the web dynpro ABAP. Is it possible to get it on the form. Please help.

Thanks and Regards.

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Hope you have gone through this blog from Dezso already ->

Hope this helps,

anto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please help regarding it....

leena_koshy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vaibhav,

Make sure that the field defined in your node in the context on the web dynpro view or if defined at the component controller level has the search help defined. Usually if the search help is tied to the database table's field name the 'Input Help Mode' of type automatic should display the determined search help.

If that setting is there then in the adobe form create an input field of the type Webdynpro native->"Value help drop down list". Then bind your database field to this input field.

When you do that the object type of the field changes to text_field change that back to a drop down field from the pick list provided for the objects and then activate it and test it out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and best regards,

Leena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tiwari,

I need the same kind of solution. Did you find out any suitable links for this? Have u resolved this?

Cheers,

Sam

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandrake,

I didn't found any solution for it except that the database table fields for which the value range is defined it comes automatically for them on the form if we use dropdown list.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh ok. Thanks. I knew how it works with ABAP WD. I was thinking that you are using JAVA WD. I'm using JAVA WD and finally got the values populated but only the first value is visible. Working on that.

Cheers,

Mandrake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

How did you managed to get this working ?

Is this simple data binding to a webDynpro ActiveX Value help dropdown list in Interactive froms ?

Anil

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Anil its simple data binding to any type of drop down list from form library. But the attribute to which the field is bound should be a field from a table for which the value range is defined. Then its possible to get the values in a drop down list.

Regards,

Vaibhav Tiwari.