cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LDAP for authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

I have a J2EE web application running on WebSphere which I want to port to WebAS 6.40. Currently, my Web App on IBM WebSphere has a login screen which authenticates its users against LDAP server.

I have my WebAS set up and configured to use LDAP for user management. Now, my question is, can I have my login page (custom made JSP belonging to my web app, not the EP login) take the username/pwd from the request object and validate it against the LDAP using any UME features?

I know that UME offers an API with which you can validate using IUser, checkPersmissions(..) etc.. but that is done when you make you web app start with a login page of the Enterprise Portal (not that one that's custom made), by typically checking the "Authenticate" box of webdynpro etc.

I am guessing UME offers such a feature where you can provide it a username/pwd combination and it validates against the LDAP and gives me a boolean as return if it validated successfully or not.

Any pointers appreciated.

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Faraz.

But, the guide doesn't come to my help as I do not want to use UME's mechanism of checking user authentication by SAP's login page. I want to use my custom build login page that's only for my web application and do not want to replace default login provided out of the box.

Any more pointers?

thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actualy UME also provides u a mechanism to write your own login module and use your own custom built page for authentication. The guide even provides you the code!

Answers (0)