cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap sd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

i am learning sap sd now , i heard that there will be no openings for sap in the next two years due to the US market and rupee appreciation, please let me know about the oppurtunities about the SAP in this year?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i just got into SAP only 18 months ago (at a very advanced age, i may add). before that, i have never laid my eyes on a SAP screen.

when i applied for work, i was told that:

1. i was too old

2. i am getting in too late

3. the market for SAP is down, and my chances for finding work were low

well, i am now up to my neck with work. many times i wish i had several clones so that i could take advantage of every opportunity that came my way. of course, you will find some obstacles and frustrations every once in a while. but don't let anyone discourage you. the way i see it, if an old geezer with limited SAP experience like me can find work (and a very much loved one), much more you!!!

our warm welcome to you in to the world of SAP!!!

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Govardhan,

As an active member of forum, my 2 cents.

As a seasoned professional in SAP, I can sy that there are ample opportunities for guys who know basic modules of SAP.

Lets say even if recession hits the market there will always be job in companies who have implemented SAP. So this knowledge will also help you.

Do let me know in case of any queries.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absoltely corrct sadhu and rajesh.

Infact i would advise learning about standard modules and then entering into Industry specific modules such as media or retail. There's not enough competetion there and good space to grow.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Sadhu Kishore & am very confident that the requirement will still be there. Modules like SD / MM / FI are basic modules on which the advance modules reside. Hence they are here to stay. One thing which is to be appreciated is that as time passes by, things will improve & so will these modules & in that case these modules may be upgraded to the advance module level over a period of time.

In future, definately it will be process consulting rather than based on module, for eg: Order to cash cycle & at that point of time, even our knowledge will expand beyond SD.

Change is always for good & I still say that modules like SD / MM / FI are basic modules, & will stay.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Learn Hi end modules rather than only SD

it's very difficult there days to get a job

If possible be in the core such as Mechanical, electrical etc

and recent recession is to set in shortly.........

best wishes.............

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Goverdhan,

sorry, i might be deviating a little to answer your question but the fact is you have already started learning SD, so there is no point thinking about these external factors which are not at under anyones control.

what you can and need to do is try to build a very good concept and prepare for the interviews as there are companies recruiting a good number of SAP professionals with relevant domain exp. I assume you already doing what you can.

As long as there is competition in the world market companies try to put themselves on a superior software and maintain their advantage in providing better products and services to their customers. so this should ensure there would be enough oppurtunities even going forward.

And just to add, the other popular myths are :

1) there would be jobs only after March ( when ; every year )

2) will sap be there after 5 or 10 years ( get in now ; companies know how to take care of their products when they are base on quality and customer needs)

3) there are no jobs for freshers at all.

4) MBA is must for SD.

all the best.

regards

sadhu kishore