cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global XI System to Local XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a senario where I have to send messages from Global XI to Local XI systems. For this I have created HTTP RFC connections between two and I know that I have to configure XI adapter as receiver in Global XI if data is coming from Global XI to Local XI.

I have some doubts to proceed this. My Senario is Global XI ---> Local XI

-Should I have to maintained same namespace and SWCV configured in Source system(Global XI)? if not what is the procedure to go?

-No Sender Agreement in Local XI (yes/no)

-XI adapter should be configured as receiver in Global XI (yes/no)

points will be rewarded

Regards

Shankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Should I have to maintained same namespace and SWCV configured in Source system(Global XI)? if not what is the procedure to go?

-->You can use the same namespace and SWCV or better option to create Usage dependency refer below link for step by step process

Usage dependancy is used to create if you wish to use the object of one SWCV in another.

You defined the SCVs on which the new SCV is based, and the dependencies for the central build.

It require to create dependencies in SLD. Software catalogue --> Software components.

Inside the software component you will see a link for Usage dependencies

have a look at my weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/e95ac0a0302d56e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

-No Sender Agreement in Local XI (yes/no)

Yes No sender Agreement is required.

-XI adapter should be configured as receiver in Global XI (yes/no)

I think your scenario is Global XI ---> Local XI so you need Sender XI adapter in Global XI and receiver in Local XI.

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gloabl(G)to Local(L)

G will send the message--Required XI receiver adapter.

L will receive the message coming from G--so no CC channel is required.

now in G you are not going to create sender channel so no sender agreement for it.

In L no Xi sender adapter is required..so also no need to create the sender agreement.

>>Should I have to maintained same namespace and SWCV configured in Source system(Global XI)?

Not required, SWCV name can be anything

>>No Sender Agreement in Local XI

Yes SA is not required

>>XI adapter should be configured as receiver in Global XI (yes/no)

Yes, XI receiver CC is required..and also Receiver Agreement.

Thanks

Farooq

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Feb 21, 2008 11:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ,

If I am not going to use the same namespace and interface names in both sender and receiver ,then how will the systems identifies and may be I can use any SWCV, bz this connection between two XI systems using HTTP connection at proxy level. If feel that is workaround similar to Client Proxy to XI . Correct me if I am wrong?

--Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now You have the right track. Its completely similar to Proxy to XI.

You can either create the Usage dependency or you can directly use the Message type and interfaces across the namespaces and SCV as these are not restricted to use only for particular namespaces and SCV.

thanks

Swarup