cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync not working on Emulator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an Emulator now working on my system with the MI Client and everything related to it is installed.

All is working fine.

But now when I try to Sync, It fails. And may be the reason is that the device doesnt recognize the J2EE Host name.

In laptop, we can make this entry (of the host name and the ip) in the host file.

But in an Emulator what is the work around?

Ideas and Solutions are welcome.

Thanks,

Ankur

One More thing:

The first Sync was successful and I have the device id and device name now. Now when in Mobile Admin, I deploy an appliaction to this device, the Sync is failing.

Edited by: ankur malhotra on Feb 21, 2008 6:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

A simpler solution to your problem -

1. Goto transaction mi_mcd

2. Search for the MCD of your application.

3. In Deployment tab just change the attribute -> setupfiles (webserver) and from hostname to ip.

Best regards,

Nakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@Nakul: Thanks a lot. I think the last solution works

Thanks for all the help, everybody.

Ankur

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

If you are using 7.0 follow the steps below -

1. Create a Parameter set of type MI_Config

2. Add parameter "MobileEngine.Runtime.Host" and specify the relevant ip

3. Assign the parameter step to a Device Configuration

4. Assign the Device Configuration to a device and sync

If you are using 2.5, just click on the radio button "use ip instead of hostname".

Hope this helps,

Nakul

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you do the sync what error message do you get?

If you can not connect to your Server it should be something like "HTTP ... error"

If you can not download the application it should be something like "Error during installation"

We encountered a similar problem during our first test installation. We got the device Id, deployed an application, assigned it to the device, but during sync we got "error during installation". But in our case it was just the bad speed of our connection. We tried it a little bit later a couple of times and then the application was there...

I think the host name resolution depends on your mobile system (Mobile 03, WinCE, ...)

You can double check on this link for the different WinCE versions.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa454055.aspx

Br,

Enzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using Mobile 7.1 we also faced the same problem by the device. Then we thought to create new device and we sync the application with new Device then it is working fine.

I don't know whether creation of device for every operation in Application is mandatory but in my application it happenned like and just we created new device and it gave result.

please check with this

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with Mobile 7.0

Any Ideas?

Is it anyhow related to - 'Configuring Mobile Component Downloads’ in Visual Administrator of the J2EE Engine.

Ankur