cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change medium of output for Changed PO in SRM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Currently, the medium of output for PO is controlled at vendor level through the Business Partner settings. We want to output changed PO through a different medium and wonder how best we can do that. For example, output via email for new PO creation but print out PO if it is a changed PO. In this case, what can I use to tell the difference between a new PO vs a changed PO as I am not sure whether using the version is good enough?

I am hoping to be able to use the standard configuration such as BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF (Condition-Dependent Purchase Order Output), but it might be too late by the time this setting is called. Is there a BADI which will allow us to program a logic to identify that the output is for a changed PO and to change the medium prior to this condition being called.

Has anyone tried to do something similar?

Appreciate your advice on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: Siow Fong Chen on Feb 21, 2008 5:17 PM

Edited by: Siow Fong Chen on Feb 21, 2008 5:18 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the BADI "BBP_SEND_MEDIUM_MODE".

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I also found that the system use the date as a way of identifying changed output though that also include re-output of original PO.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks very much. I just realised that I also have to manipulate the email address to send the output to (assuming I manage to change the medium). I suppose I can control it via the processing method - PROCESS_BBP_PO_MAI?

I am also wondering what is the best way to identify a changed PO?

Regards

SF

Edited by: Siow Fong Chen on Feb 22, 2008 12:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenver a PO is changed,its version is generated.So 1 way to identify a changed PO is the change version of the document.

Also have a look at these notes:

Note 881650 - Duplicate transfer/output of the purchase order

Note 1015245 - Changing PO fields which are set as E generates new output

Note 659386 - PO output in case of customer field changes

BR,

Disha.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will look up this BADI BBP_SEND_MEDIUM_MODE. Do you know of any field or indicator that will differentiate the output of a changed PO from a newly created PO? I am hoping to not have to check versions or the output log to determine that.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In the BADi BBP_SEND_MEDIUM_MODE, you dont have any incoming parameter on basis of which you can check the mode(Whether CHNAGE or CREATION of PO).If you want to usethis,you will have to use the CHANGE/CHECK badi in combination with this Badi.In the CHNAGE/CHECK badi,you will need to check whether the PO is changed and set a memory paramter.Export this parameter to the badi BBP_SEND_MEDIUM_MODE and acc set the Medium of output.

Another BADi which you can look for is BBP_PROCESS_PO.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I've a similar scenario but i don't have to check for the purchase order change. When the purchase order gets created it is suppose to change the medium. But it is not updating in the output log. Do you know how to update the output log ?

Points will be rewarded.

Thanks ,

Ann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you use BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, BBP_PO_CHANGE method? Can you find out if the PO is being changed if the backend PO details already exist?

- Suren