Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

What is the main role for a security guy if there is system upgrade?(Eg:4.6c to ECC5.0).

According to my understanding,after system upgrade we have to update the customer table through su25.At this point what will happen to the old custom table USOBT_C after upgrade? Will it erase? We would have modified and maintained the custom table through su24 and these changes will be deleted after the upgrade??

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> According to my understanding,after system upgrade we have to update the customer table through su25.At this point what will happen to the old custom table USOBT_C after upgrade? Will it erase? We would have modified and maintained the custom table through su24 and these changes will be deleted after the upgrade??

Your understanding is correct, the table is overwritten. SU24 does provide download/upload facilities and it is your responibility to save your changes outside the system before you update the customer table. After updating you can upload your changes again.

0 Kudos

Hi,

only step 1 of SU25 overwrites your own(old) settings! If you have such, don't run step 1! Start with 2a. In step 2b you can compare your old settings with the newly imported SAP-values and adapt/disguard those changes. The info popup for step 2b says:

If you have made changes to check indicators or field values in

transaction SU24, you can compare these with the new SAP default values.

The values delivered by SAP are displayed next to the values you have

chosen so that you can adjust them if necessary.

unquote

Of course you may backup your own settings by saving the usob*-tables before....

I hope, this information helps. b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

>

> only step 1 of SU25 overwrites your own(old) settings! If you have such, don't run step 1! Start with 2a.

Good clarification. Should have thought of that. Thanks for adding it.