Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI, Alignment Problem in SAP Script

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am working on SAP Script, I have the problem alignment, in the first row I need to show 8 values,

among them all the times length is not same, so my script is not displaying in proper alignment,

I have tried with all the ways which I known, specifying the length, and using (*), but still it is not

coming properly, is there any method to specify the position exactly like as in reposrting.

Please help me in this, this is very urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Praveeb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WIth out seeing actual development its not possible to answer this Qn . But I can suggest you to increase the tab space between the fields,

Otherwise if you have quantity fields, then copy those values into character type fields and then use these fields to print.

if you still could not get rid of this then just paste those coding lines here . I will see if I can suggest something.

Rewars points if useful.

Regards,

Nageswar

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh

Thanks for your reply,

I am displaying in the first row, here I am mentioning the filed and lenght of the field

1) Date(10)

2) Reference No(16), .

3) Fiscal Year(4),

4) Internal Reference(3),

5) Item Text (50)

6) Due Date (10)

7) Original Currency(3)

😎 Amount (18).

In the field item text length is vary from each entry, it wont be static all the times, if one customer having having 10 records, all ten line items are not coming in the proper order, after displaying the item text, remaining fields are running out from the alignment. I am using tab space as 2 characters, I kept even so many conditions on the item text lenght, but still there are problems. I tried with specifying the length in

the script for the symbols also no use and I passed (*), this is also not working properly. Here I am sending the code of my script. Please have a look and give me a suggestion please.

bold Heading bold

Date,,,, ACR Ref No,,,, UW- Inst- Cedant,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,Due Date,,,, Original-,,,,Amount

&wa_final-date(10)&,,&wa_final-xblnr(16)&,,&w_year(4)&,,
 	&wa_final-xref1(3)&,,&wa_final-sgtxt(50)&
 	,,,,,,,,&wa_final-zfbdt(10)&,,,,&wa_final-waers(6)&,,,,&w_amt3(18)& 

&wa_final-date(*)&,,&wa_final-xblnr(*)&,,&w_year(4)&,,
 	&wa_final-xref1(3)&,,&wa_final-sgtxt(*)&
 	,,,,,,,,&wa_final-zfbdt(*)&,,,,&wa_final-waers(*)&,,,,&w_amt3(*)& 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the position you have mentioned for 8th tab. Also let me known where it is splitting into the next line. Immeadiately after item text?

Also let me know total page lengh and maximum tab position you have . I mean check the last tab position for that particular paragraph.

Regards,

Nageswar

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh

Its not splitting. I am using A4 size paper and printing as Landscap,

Where can I check the last tab postion.

My Paragraph details are below,

I am using the font HELVE, Font size 8 points

alignment is left, left margin 1 ch, right margin 1 ch,

tabs are

2 characters.

Thanks and Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have gmail then add me . nageswar.vattikuti@gmail.com. I am online

Regards,

Nageswar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The alignment problem will be properly solved by making use of 'Tabs' available in PARAGRAPH FORMATS.

Follow the steps below:

1. Go to PARAGRAPH FORMATS, Click on the paragraph format (eg: CK) which you have defined for your fields

2. Click on the TABS pushbutton available on the right hand side.

3. Define the 'TAB position' and the 'Alignment'.

For eg for CK you have defined for ( number 1) tab position : 6.00 CM Alignment : LEFT.

( number 2) tab position : 12.00 CM Alignment : LEFT.

4. Go to text editor where you have defined these fields.

suppose u have fields

CK &a& &b& &c& then edit the content into CK &a&,,&b&,,&c&

Now, the field b will appear after 6 CM and the field c will appear after 12 CM.

So, accordingly you can manage for your field aligment.

Please reward points if helpful.