cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Idoc processing issues - Partner Profiles - error status 56

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm having a little difficulty posting an idoc coming from MDM. It's a CREMDM04 xml coming from an MDM system. It is getting mapped through PI and is being split into ADRMAS02 and CREMAS04 Idocs. The message is being passed through XI and being posted to the ECC system, but certain fields in the EDI_DC40 header table are not being populated correctly (i believe). I'm using nothing but standard mapping/material from the SAP Business Content for XI. After looking through the standard XSLTs i cannot find the field-to-field mapping where the fields below are being populated.

The RCVPOR value (SAP[SID]) is correct when i view it in SOAP Header, but does not appear in the remote system under the receiver port for the inbound idoc.

The RCVPRN value ([String Value]) is incorrect in the SOAP Header and does appear in the remote system under the receiver partner number for the inbound idoc. How is the RCVPRN value being populated?

SOAP Header in IDocOutbound tag

<SAP:RCVPOR>SAP[SID]</SAP:RCVPOR>

<SAP:RCVPRN>[String Value]</SAP:RCVPRN>

<SAP:RCVPRT>LS</SAP:RCVPRT>

I've been trying to trace down the string value for the RCVPRN, but i cannot find it anywhere. Perhaps i'm just overlooking it?

When i set the proper values (port = SAP<SIDofECC> and partner number = <LSnameof ECC>) using WE19 in the remote system then the partner profile is found and i'm left with different error to please specify an address group.

Any help is very much appreciated! 😄

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for the responses. I followed the basic ALE configuration check lists above before and everything seemed to be fine. My answer came with some trial and error and other outside help. There were a few issues i want to address for the inbound xml from XI to the ERP:

1: Receiver Partner Number

-- When i checked the SLD Logical System Name for the business system it was correct. When i checked the Logical System Name of the business system in the integration builder (by opening the business system object, clicking 'service' from the object menu and clicking 'adapter-specific identifier'), i noticed the Logical System Name was a differnt value which ended up being the unknown string that i was trying to find before. Clearing the SLD cache did not resolve this link and the value needed to be updated in the Integration Builder manually. This is done by first selecting to change the Business System Object and clicking the copy from SLD icon after going to the above-mentioned adapter-specific identifier. This resolved the IDOC receiver partner number being an unknown string value.

2. Sender Partner Number

-- Originally i did not believe this to be an issue with the ALE config, but apparently i did not cosider that the matching between the Logical System Names in the SLD, Integration Builder Objects, and the Logical System Name in the recieving remote system would be CAP sensitive. Although the value of the Logical System Name is correct, some of the characters of the Logical System Names in the SLD and Integration Builder were lower-case. The same Logical System Name in the remote ERP system were all upper-case. I fixed this in the SLD and cleared the SLD cashe on the Integration Builder and it worked. Now i get a status 51, but i just need to fill the proper fields for proper idoc inbound processing since the partner profiles are now being found with the (now) correct header data.

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check the TRFC logs in SM58.

some times, our confiuration is good but there is a possibility of trfc rerros.

then u have to release and refresh.

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to provide the values of all madatory fields that are required for the idoc to be posted successfully.

Because this Idoc error status 56 shows "IDoc with errors added".

Try this.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason ,

Just check out if you have done the following steps most of us make minor mistake here ....... I think this would solve your problem

***********************************************************************************************************************

To Configure the IDOC SCENARIOS ,PROCEED AS FOLLOWS

***********************************************************************************************************************

STEP 1:ALE SETTINGS TO POST IDOC INTO SAP R/3

We need to do the following settings in XI

1) Create an RFC Destination to the Receiving System in transaction code (SM59)

a) Choose create

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client, user & Password details of Destination system

h) Test the connection and remote logon.Both should be succesful

2) Create Port Using Transaction Code IDX1

a) Select Create New button

b) Enter the port name as SAP+SID (The starting char should be SAP)

c) Enter the destination client

d) Enter the RFC Destination created in XI towards R/3

e) Save

3) Load Meta Data for IDOC Using transaction Using Transaction (IDX2)

a) Create new

b) IDOC Message Type

c) Enter port created in IDX1

**********************************************************************************************************************

SETTINGS IN SAP R/3

We need to do the following settings in R/3

Logon to Sap R/3 System

1) Create an RFC Destination to XI in transaction code (SM59)

a) Choose create

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client, user & Password details of Destination system

h) Test the connection and remote logon.Both must be succesful

2) Create communication Port for Idoc processing Using Transaction(We21)

a) First Select Transactional RFC and then click create button

b) Enter the destination port name as SAP+SID (The starting char should be SAP)

d) Enter the RFC Destination created in SAP R/3 towards other system.

e) Save

3) Create Partner Profile with Inbound Parameters (WE20)

a) Create New

b) Create the Partner no. name as same the logical system name of the destination system

c) Select Partner type LS

d) Enter details for Type: US/USER, Agent, and Lang

Then Save

e) Select Partner no. and LS which were create above

f) Now we have to give some Inbound Parameters.So click on ADD TO Create Inbound Parameter

g) Select Message type

h) Double click on Message Type and Then Enter the details for Message Type and Process Code.

I) save

4) In Transaction SALE, Create Logical System

a). Go to Basic Settings-> First Define logical systems

and then assign logical systems

b) Double click on Define the logical systems

c) Give data for your Logicaal System and Name

d) Now click on Save.Here one window may appear just click on Continue.Now the Logical System name is ready

e) Assign the logical system name to the client

do let me know if it helped

Edited by: Tom Jose on Feb 21, 2008 9:04 AM