cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is Web dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Web dynpro, I am an ABAP consultant. I want to shift to Web dynpro.

can any one help me with the confusion i have?

I want to know what is difference between

Web dynpro in Java and

Web dynpro in ABAP.

In which part i want to shift in Java or ABAP side?

What are the software requirements to work with Web dynpro? Now i am working in ABAP on

ECC 5.0 where i am not able to see the Web dynpro creation components in Tcode SE80.

Thanks,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all for the answers.

I attended the Oct 5-7, SAPTechED 05 in Bangalore, there i attended the hands-on session on Web dynpro, i did all the example session in ABAP Tcode SE80.

I am confused that what i did is on Java or ABAP.

can any one help me in this?

Thanks in advance,

Kumar

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This was Web Dynpro for ABAP.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I'm just pasting here areply i'd given for a similar query. hope it helps you

SAP had promised to offer two versions of WebDynpro :

1) WebDynpro for JAVA.

2) WebDynpro for ABAP.

The webdynpro that we are currently discussing in this forum is 'WebDynpro for JAVA'. For running it, you need to have a separate WAS installation and the programming IDE to be used is NetWeaver Developer Studio. And as the name stands, it is purely based on Java and provides special support to call R/3 functions from within the Java environment.

You can read all about webdynpro from this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/21/82a9058fa8de46b1ba7522289345b2/frameset.htm

Regarding WebDynpro for ABAP, as far as I know it is not released yet. Once that is released, I suppose you can access that environment from within your R/3 system by entering a transaction code. I think the latest update on WebDynpro ABAP in SDN is this weblog from Thomas Jung.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/10/02/sap-teched-2005-boston-a-look-back

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Well, Web Dynpro's in general are like the Dynpros in ABAP but for the Web.

The difference between Web Dynpro for Java and WebDynpro for ABAP is simply the programming language. So I guess for you shifting in WebDynpro for ABAP would be easier.

WebDynpro for ABAP is not yet released for productive use, that's why at the moment everyone is using WebDynpro for Java. I already heard in my SAP-training that WebDynpro for ABAP will have some new interesting features which are not existing in WebDypro for Java, as it is then the newer thing.

I'm not sure about the software requirements of WebDynpro for ABAP, as it is not realeased for productive use yet.

Kind regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>I already heard in my SAP-training that WebDynpro for ABAP will have some new interesting features which are not existing in WebDypro for Java, as it is then the newer thing.</i>

What do you mean? Both, Web Dynpro Java and Web Dynpro ABAP are being developed further so there is no "newer thing".

Both implement exactly the same programming model called "Web Dynpro".

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Can you please provide us with the latest on webDynpro for ABAP?

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

what I meant with 'I already heard in my SAP-training that WebDynpro for ABAP will have some new interesting features which are not existing in WebDypro for Java, as it is then the newer thing.' is, in my TJA311 training the trainer told us, that the message area will have different (better) functionality in WebDynpro for ABAP than in the Java-Version.

Of course both WebDynpro technologies will be updated, I just mentioned what the trainer told us.

Bye,

Timo

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

The message area in Web Dynpro ABAP features help links to ABAP message long texts (if present), a history and is scrollable. This is just a visual add-on, since from the programming model point of view (which is the same across both platforms) the message manager of course works similar to Web Dynpro Java.

Kind regards,

Thomas