cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling standard iview event from web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I hav w a search iView which is SAP standard, when you click an element on the result list it triggers an event. The link contains the following:

javascript:{jsCode="

EPCM.storeClientData('urn:com.sap.bor:BUS1001','objid','12002');

EPCM.storeClientData('urn:com.sap.bor:BUS1001','AllKeys','objid');

EPCM.raiseEvent('urn:com.sap.bor:BUS1001','select','','a very long url');"};if(opener!=null&&self!=opener){opener.execJS(jsCode);}else{execJS(jsCode);};

On the other side I'm developing a custom WebDynpro iView whick needs to handle this event. By adding to wdInit() the line WDPortalEventing.subscribe("urn:com.sap.bor:BUS1001", "select", wdThis.wdGetGetReportsListForMaterialAction()); I was able to catch the event. But I can't get the parameters from the event.

For what i've learned browsing the forum the javascript code above stores the parameters in the "client data bag", and are not directly passed in the event.

Is there any way to retrieve these parameters from the Web Dynpro iView ?

Thanks in advance,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As a workaround I made a Portal Component application which receives the event and parameters from the standard iView and lanuchs a new event setting the aprameters in the event as Web Dynpro expects them (without using the client databag). Then I inserted this Iview in the same page as the others, but hidden. It's not elegant but is working.