Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy users with authorizations from one client to another using RSCLACOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can any one explain how to copy users with authorizations from one client to another using RSCLACOP?

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiya Novice,

What version are you on? I'm asking that because I'd never heard of RSCLACOP and cannot find the report on NW2004 nor can I find any documentation apart from an Authorizations made easy guide for SAP 3.1

You can copy all your roles across clients using transport requests. For the user master records (once the roles are in place) you should use the client copy tools. There's a special profile (SAP_USER) for users and authorizations.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

i just found out that RSCLACOP was in until 4.0 versions. my bad.

can we copy users along with authorizations from one client to another client through client copy?

0 Kudos

>

> can we copy users along with authorizations from one client to another client through client copy?

As I said. Have a look at the helpfiles on SCCL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

and especially the profile section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Novice,

Instead of using the program, you can use scc9 (Remote Client Copy). if you want users with their profiles, then use SAP_USER

Likewise, to avoid jamming the network(talk to basis guy for better feedback), you can export the client copy profile using SCC8(Client Export), copy the data and control files and import it into the target system, performing post client import methods.

A good option is to leave it to the basis guys

-Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all