Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Role Question

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a test user and when he executes a vc app he does not see any of the dropdown values the application is supposed to present. When I give him the actual VC Role it works for him, he is able to see the dropdown values. From my understanding the users do not need this role. Why is this happening?

I have test users in my Q Environment without the VC Role and it works fine for them...

Thanks, Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

do you use a static list for your drop down or do you use a dynamic? If you don't use a static then the data comes from a service, that means that the VCRole could have access to the system (service) and without the role your user haven't access to it.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The strange thing is that i have a dozen users in my qa system that do not have the VC Role assignment and they can access the VC Apps fine. Strange..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the data in Dynamic list the user should have permission over that Data service which was used in that Dynamic list.

Thats y the end users not getting the data and the Users who had the VC Role were able to accessing the data.

Is it clear for you?

Regards,

Govindu

If helpful reward points:-)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked the permissions for the system and in the backend system? E.g. you use an ABAP backend system, then you can set an external breakpoint and check if the rfc/BAPI whatever is called from VC you can also check the log files.

Best Regards,

Marcel

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All, Thanks for the help. I'm not sure about the backend and so far haven't had to deal with this when creating new users. The remaining question is really why would adding the Portal VC Role fix the problem? Shouldn't need the VC Role to access VC Applications.

THanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes you are correct.

There is no need of VC role assignment to the end users and this should not be done also in some cases.

But get the data from backends that user should have the permission over that system access this can be done through the Usermapping for the system access.

Just map the system to the End users in the useradministration .

There is no need to assign the VC Role.

Did you got?

Regards,

Govindu

If your problem solved just close this thread and AWARD POINTS

Answers (0)