cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we Start Complete Cache Refresh at production

Former Member
0 Kudos

While the production is running , we want to do a "Start Complete Cache Refresh" at SXI_CACHE.

Please inform us whether you did it and if so, what is the impact?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please goahead with the complete cache will not effect prd server interface flow....before that make sure there is some thing which is making you to do this...if things are fine then no need.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you only should do a cache refresh, when your prod is idle, means, no messeges are beiing processed.

Otherwise it could leed to en error because the IS has not all of the needed data in the cache (e.g. receiver determination not found,...)

Regards

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give the procedure about how to find out there are no messeges are beiing processed.

The entire refresh typically takes how many munites to be done?

Thanks!

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dominic ,

How come it's possible. How can u make sure that no messages are coming thru?Do u want to De-register the inbound queues? Do u think business will accept for it?

@cz:

Just now I confirmed with my Basis team- they said we can do it, it will not affect any of the interfaces. Also they did lot of times, nothing has happened til now.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am assuming you wont be doing Complete Cache refresh just for the heck of doing it.

Incase any cache related problem occurs the only way to solve would be to refresh the cache.

So you really don't have any option to decide whether you should do or not.

Well Yes messages could fail when full cache refresh is taking place.

>The entire refresh typically takes how many munites to be done?

Actually depends on the no of interfaces which are present, memory, cpu,etc etc.

Why don't you try to do a full cache refresh in Dev and see how much time it takes. In Prd it should take less than the time it takes in the dev system.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

it is possible the message processing can fail during a full cache refresh. A full cache refresh deletes the entries in the cache tables and inserts the complete data again. During that time message processing could fail.

In a production system you can not really make sure that no messages are coming over XI. You could f.e. stop the sender adapters (why shloud I want to deregister queues???) but as you said the business will not accept that.

Here's a good one regarding cache refresh:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/02/sxicache--ripped-off

Dominic

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shall we know why you want to go ahead for Complete Refresh

Check whether the Cache is up to date if not Nothing harm in Going for Complete Cache refresh.

> Please inform us whether you did it and if so, what is the impact?

I have did it. since cache was not up to date. There will not be impact.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss