cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling manual condition types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we have the following scenario in Std SAP.

I want to have condition types which are not determined during the pricing procdeure.

We can enter them manually. But we should be able to restrict the value of the entry.

For e.g. for a type pf discount if we select that we can only give 5 % discount.

I understand that we can maintain the lower and uppper limit of the condition.

I am maintiang the upper and lower limit for condition but system gives me error.

for ZK03 which has calculation type as 'A' percentage lower limit is - 4.99 and upper limit is 5.100

I cant make an entry of 5 in the system during making sales order.

Please let me know how this can be done.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

try reversing the values, with lower limit as '5.10' and upper limit as '4.99'. this has happened to me as well and i think the reason for this is that 'lower limit' and 'upper limit' refers to the net value after discount.

also, in V/06, make sure that your condition type is marked for manual entry. include this condition type in your pricing procedure.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try reversing the values earlier itself.

The limits for the condition types can be sent at two places

1 IMG-> Maintain Condition types->maintain upper and lower limit

2. VK11->select record->goto -> details->amounts

I initially tried by maintaing the value by option 2. But after entering the values it in limits , I can't leave the amount field blank.system gives an error.I want to leave this field blank so that user can put in the value during order creation.

On the order hand if I maintain value at option 1, then goto option 2 then I can maintain any upper/lower limit different from option 1 in IMG.

just for the sake seeign the effect of both of these...If i want to put in value in the amount field in vk11 now..first it restrcits based on limits maintained in details. If I give according within that then it stops because of values maintained in IMG.

My requirement is to have a limit on manual condition wihtout maintaining a condition record.

Can you help more on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, friend.

please go to V/06 and choose your condition type. check if your calculation type is percentage or amount. if it is 'amount' it could explain why the settings are not accepting percentages.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jonathan ...I checked.

I have maintained is as percentahe only...

Very strange ...because it seemed such a simple thing to in the system...

Any more ideas that I can try out?

regards

BGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

hhmmmm.... try going back to your condition type. click details and check 'Check changes which can be made'. see if the entry is not 'D'. maybe this is giving you the problem (but then again, you already could put value in VK11, but do check just the same).

also, go back to IMG and check the upper and lower limit screen. did you enter 'A' in the calculation type column?

this is getting very, very interesting...

Edited by: jonathan yap on Feb 21, 2008 10:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jonathan ,

in the limits if IMG i have maintained calculation type as 'A'

But i didnt find any field for 'd' changes made ind etails.

I was looking in the vk12 condition maintenence screen.

please advise if I should look else where....

thanks for the interest and effort from you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

did you solve the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no not yet,

I am trying for a workaround with a small enhacement to make the value fixed.

did you have any other things I could try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

no, not yet. but still very interested.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, BG.

i read your situation again and i think i misunderstood your case earlier. please clarify if i now understand you correctly...

1. you wanted to use VK11 to set upper and lower limits but if you leave the value blank the system will not allow you.

2. you defined upper and lower limits in IMG. then when doing VK11, you also maintained limits.

3. the bottom line is: you just want to allow manual entries of your condition type without condition records.

now, if i understood correctly, let me make my new assessment...

1. the system behavior is correct. in VK11, you can leave the upper and lower limits blank if you have made these in IMG. but you must make an entry in the 'value' field if you want the system to automatically propose a value during sales order processing.

2. if you don't want the system to automatically propose this condition type, but allow you to manually enter it, then you just have to include the condition type in the pricing procedure. make sure in V/06 that manual entries is enabled. you also don't need to create condition records.

sorry for the inconvenience i caused you.

hope this finally helped.

regards.

p.s.

i guess i needed something to wake up my brain cells (whatever is left. much of it was lost in my younger drunken days, hahahahaha).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have got it correctly.

I want the user a option to add the condition type manually. and when he/she adds it manually then the value for the condition type should come on its own.

When I maintain the limits in IMG ( say 4 and 6) and try VK11. I enter the value '5' in the amount field , it doesnt allow me to enter the value gives an error

"5,000- falls below the limit 4,000 for condition type ZK03"

i am confused because this seems such an simple requirement which SAP shouold have easily taken into account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

in V/06, make sure that the 'Plus/minus' field has entry 'X'.

in the IMG settings for your condition type, the lower limit should be '6.00-' and the upper limit should be '4.00-'.

in VK11, enter the value '5.00-'.

when you make the sales order, the system should propose a discount of 5%. you should be able to change this as long as this is within your specified range.

if you don't want an automatic proposal, then do not create a condition record.

i think this should already work.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

This was good...thanks a lot.

it help to a good extent.

I can now choose the condition manually in creating order.

And then enter exactly 5-, as i maintained both the limits as 5 in IMG.

another question now

1. what if I want the valule of 5 to be preset. When I select the condition manually in order, i wold not be required to enter the value (pre-populated)

Problem is - if I maintain condition records then....condition appears by default in the pricing which i do not want.

kishu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to find a way to pre-populate a value without the use of Condition Record for a manual condition type?

Answers (0)