cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling PI through Tivoli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to schedule my PI scenarios through Tivoli.

Tivoli takes care of job scheduling and dependencies for SAP n NonSAP jobs.

Is there any way to make PI scenarios dependent on Tivoli jobs?

Thanks,

Atul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no as such dependency, if you want to schedule it then you have to do it from PI...

can you brief your requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Thanks for ur reply....

I have multiple jobs running say Job1->Job2->Job3 in a sequence. Out of this Job1 and Job3 are NonSAP jobs and are scheduled in Tivoli. Where as Job2 is PI scenario which is File to file scenario.

Now i want to trigger Job2 only when Job1 is completed. And i am not able to trigger this scenario.

Is there any way in which we can trigger scenario through Command Line or something?

Thanks,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul:

I think what you can do is get a message or some flat file(stating indicating job1 is done) from Job1 and let the job2 look for the message or the file. Once it(Job2) finds the file or message, Job2 will trigger it and follow the same rule for triggering Job3 after Job2 is done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thanks for ur reply.

I am doing same thing as u suggested. But problem is i need to keep pinging for file and i have same requirement for 5 interfaces. So unnecessorily it is burden on PI server.

I was just thinking if i can trigger my scenario through some Command line then it will be easier and performance friendly.

u have any idea about how to trigger scenario through command line?

Thanks,

Atul

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you can do is you can schedule the adapters to be up in specific time....but if the scheduling has dependeny of the jobs as you have suppose job1 then job2...command lne also will not help you much...at the max you can write an batch which will run when job1 is done and give the files to the job2......using commandline rename all the files to some other name and when job1 is done rename it to as required by job2.....i havent tried this...its a wild guess...sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul:

As Nisar said, it wouldn't help you much if you do command line, if you have multiple interfaces. But if you know any certain time interval in which JobX can place a file or message, you can schedule your adapter ( using Availability Times) to poll in that interval only instead of through out the day or very long time. Look at the following blog for more info:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Answers (0)