cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In TMS, can you have routes from a dev to multiple consolidation systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My developers want to be able to choose from a list of target systems when creating a transport so that transport would go to a target group, or individual systems.

Currently, I have my my ECC 6.0 Dev system transport routes configured to send to a transport group which adds the transports to two other systems queues. there is a SAP layer and zxxx layer. All custom development classes

use the zxxx layer.

My problem is that sometimes they only want the transport to go to one system or the other, but not both. They would like to choose which system to use in the target system field when creating a transport. Is this possible?

All development classes (packages) use the same

transport layers, either sap or zxxx, I have tried to create routes from DEV to these to 3 different locations, but TMS only lets me use the layer for one route. if I create a SAP route to the /ZXXX/ target group it will not let me also create a SAP route to the individual systems. It appears you can only use a layer to go to one destination.

Is there some way to give them a choice? The developers swear they have seen this before in development systems.

Thanks, Pat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pat,

The customer i work for has a complex landscape. We have one development system and 6 quality systems.

I have just checked the transport routes in STMS and i see that there are a lot Z layer created for the transport routes to the multiple systems.

Hence i agree with you from an SAP standard point of view all options are closed out. (and believe me i am working on the old R/3 3.1 version)

But what is the problem with transport target group. Just because a request goes and sits in the buffer of a system, it does not mean the request has been imported. right? why cant you convince them on those lines?

But at the same time, i hope your company does not use the standard SAP concept od doing an import all every few hours.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Thank you for your reply. The problem is as you guessed, We do import all into the 2 development systems. I would prefer they just allow them to set in the queue and only import the ones they want, but they want automatic imports every 30 minutes.

If I understand correctly, you have multiple zxxx tranport layers going to different systems. I believe each layer is attached to certain objects so this determines which target system the transport will go to? Or can they choose which one when creating the transport? Also, in your case, what happens to the SAP layer? I can't seem to connect it to more than one consolidation system.

Thanks, again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most of the Landscapes have multiple development systems and single consolidation system.In that case for each dev we can create one transport Layer and assign to them.But in your case you can better use the Extended Transport Control to fulfill the requirement.

Remove the current TMS and create Extended Transport control make adjustment to profile parameter and create transport group and extended transport routes and distribute and activa among all the systems.

Thanks,

Sagar.

Answers (0)