Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use of login/password_change_for_SSO

Former Member

can any body explain me the use of parameter. And in case of Single sign on (SSO) how does the value of this parameter is set? Does the person needs to change it manually? If yes, then what is the procedure for ii means using which SAP tool i can do it?

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

As I explained in your other thread you opened, this paramter is an instance profile paramter, so needs to be specified in the instance profile for the ABAP engine.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I guess Tim answered your query on how to do maintain this parameter. Further adding to Tim.....

Regarding the use:

This parameter is more of a security measure. Sometimes with Single Sign On, the initial password of users is never changed, as it is not prompted to change. To avoid hackers from this, SAP has given the use of these parameters, wherein we block all these loopholes.

If you dig SAP notes, you will find several notes on this.

Viz. Note 379081

Note : 869218

We have the option of disabling password logon at all, with exception of some user groups, who can use their passwords. Depending on the company policies and procedures, and how SAP security is configured for users(logon groups are maintained, SNC is maintained for all ...etc..etc), , use of combination of various parameters can be used.

Cheers!

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

You have opened 3 threads relating to this same question. If it is urgent, contact SAP by opening a customer message.

However, based on your email address (which is publicly visible in your profile) you are a vendor, or "the" vendor.

So that we keep the information together, and someone with the same problem who uses the search can find the whole story easily, I will be locking this thread, marking it as answered and referencing it in your other threads. Eg.

You also have 13 unresolved questions which you might want to consider closing yourself.

Thanks,

Julius