cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create and edit events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i've following problem. I've an input-field. Depending on wether the input was a function module returns a table with lots of data. Now i want to realize a detailed view and compact view on the data. So if the user pushed the "Detail Search"-Button the table-view should show detailed information (all fields of the table) and when the user pushes the "compact search"-button the table-view should show just a view fields of the table.

I created for each button a different event but now i'm clueless. How and WHERE can i define what has to be done if a special event is sent?

Best regards and thanks for your help!

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can:

- Define two such tables (compact and detailed) that will be filled with results from the RFC. Each table can show different fields.

- Put each table in a different layer.

- Define the layer transitions to respond to the events invoked by the buttons you created.

This way, you'll have two tables, on 2 different layers, and you can toggle between the layers with the events raised from the buttons.

If you also want to run another RFC when pushing the button you can define the RFC to also respond to the same event (and at the same time change the layer). Use the *<event> mechanism for that. It has been discussed here before.

I hope this helps you.

Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, but i've still a problem the input-field with the buttons is connected the data source and then goes to the different table-views.

Where do i have to define the layer transitions? Between the input-field and the layer or between the input-field and the data source? I don't understand that!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transitions are defined between the layers.

What version of Visual Composer are you using?

- Lior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i know, but i don't know where to analyze my events! So i can define a transition for each event. I thought there is a another way how the different components can interact with each other. Or let me ask this question a bit different. Is it possible to create a detail- and a compact-view just by using one input-field, one data-source and one table-view (just by changing paremters through an event)?

Thank you!

Tobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's possible in the upcoming version of Visual Composer.

- Lior