cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STORAGE METHODOLGY - SEPARATE SERVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to have a separate server(Secure Storage Ares) for Document storage, we decided to dont disturb the production server. Any body can throw a light how to proceed? what are settings we need to do?

Rgds

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

There there two options for this

1. Checking an Original Application File into a *Vault*

The vault is a server that can be accessed in the local network. When you save the original application file to a vault, the system assigns a new file name that is invisible. For this reason, you can only process original application files stored in a vault from the document info record.

You can integrate a vault in the SAP System in the following ways:

You can set up a vault in the standard SAP System where the original application files are transferred to the frontend computers via an application server.

You can also transfer the original files directly between the vault and the frontend computer using a special log. SAP recommends this method known as DVA (Direct Vault Access), because it is better for system performance reasons. DVA is not predefined in the standard system, as you need a password for the DVA user.

2. Storage of Data in Storage Systems Using the Knowledge Provider :

The Knowledge Provider is a component of SAP Web Application Server and can be integrated into any SAP application.

You can simplify storing original application files when storage of original application files using the Knowledge Provider is supported for a document type. You can transport all original application files of document info record into a secure area by setting a certain status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasan,

Thank you for detail reply.

Could you pls me tell how to configure the Knowledge provider .

Rgds

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you installed the KPRO?

Once you installed the KPRO let me know i will tell you the Configuration steps.

Regards,

MRK

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MRK

i have installed KPRO let me tell step how configure it

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the Content Server and did configuration also in OAC0 and CSADMIN, but when i tried to test the connection its throwing message as "HTTP error: 401 Access Denied"

Anybody can tell me, what might be the reason of this error.

Rgds

Mani.