cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch Oracle Exception- JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm making a sync scenario which access a Oracle database, using JDBC Adapter. Many of the DB fields are controlled by triggers, so if the data on a DML statement is not correct, a Exception is thrown (ORA-xxxx) . ¿Is there any way to catch that exception, and show it's message?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is very difficult to check the content of the XML element and based on that Exception will trigger.

can you eloborate it more...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eneko,

I 've had the same scenario a past few weeks.

I made alert category and alert rules to catch technical errors and for functionnal errors, i went through BPM with an abap mapping which send back mail with the data's error from my MATMAS IDoc for exemple.

In my opinion, you cannot catch functionnal error without passing through BPM.

For technical alert, make alertcategory in T-CODE ALRTCATDEF, and use the tab alert-configuration in the RWB in order to make alert rules associed at your adapter JDBC for example or on your mapping... as you need.

After, on each problem with your JDBC adapter, a mail will be send with a link on the error and his interface.

Some interesting links for alert :

XI: Alerts - Step by step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

XI: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Simple Steps to Get Descriptive Alerts from BPM in XI

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

Integrating Alerts into UWL - it's no problem!

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2005/06/16/integrating-alerts-into-uwl--its-no-problem

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part 3

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part-2

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2

Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS: Part – 1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

Hope it helps.

Regards,

JP

Edited by: Jean-Philippe PAIN on Feb 20, 2008 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Umm, I think i've not explained my case properly...we're using this scenario from a Portal, using WebService for calling XI.

We call on XI, the JDBC Adapter, with a DML Stament (an Insert or Update). The Oracle DB validates somes fields with triggers (for example, a bank number), so, if the user fills a form in portal with wrong fields, the statements fails, but we can't show him the error, cause we don't know how to catch the Oracle Excepcion, we get a DeliveryException, without a specific message ('ORA xxx: The bank number is not correct', for example). We want to get thar string, so we can show to the portal user.

Thank you in advance.