cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no special french character in unicode system

Former Member
0 Kudos

In both of our CRM and R/3 unicode systems outputs using french charcters are being created. Accents and apopstrophes are printed fine, however the french "œ" character is output as "#" on all printed output forms. On-screen display of it is fine. French is not installed as a logon language (only DE and EN), so the Smartforms used are all created in language EN. All users in all different countries log in and maintain data in language EN, but users in french countries enter data with french characters obviously.

After considering SAPNet Notes 745030, 45619, 776507 and 73606 I looked at the codepages linked to the device types in SPAD and found that codepages for ISO-8859-1, 8859-5 and 8859-7 is set up against the device type, but I can't find codepage 8859-15 (Latin-9), which is the only one that covers the "œ" character. I've tried setting the device types to other code pages but without success.

Has anyone managed to resolve this problem? Is it possible to install the additional codepages without having to install an additional language in our system?

Kind regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MIchael,

a SAP Unicode system is able to represent the mentioned character internally as Unicode char U+0153. When creating output with SMart Forms, it really depends on the device type used for producing the output. I would guess that only unicode-enabled device types like SWINCF; PDFUC do support this character. Any traditional non-Unicode device type would probably block this char (replace it by #) since the char is not contained in the device type's output codepage.

As far as I know, there are no standard device types implementing ISO 8859-15 character set.

So you are more or less stuck with using one of the Unicode device types OR you could use the so-called UPE solution (SAP note 1812076) with PS/PCL5 device types, if available in your system.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try it by installing French language on your Keyboard.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babba,

Sorry, you are misundertanding this - it is not a Windows related problem (Windows is unicode anyway and covers the codepage 8859-15 in the settings and therefore can display the "œ" character - as can the SAP preview obviously).

Regards,

M

Edited by: Michael Koch on Feb 20, 2008 1:22 PM

former_member214084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I am facing exact issue, Could you share a solution to it please .