Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Upgrade-su25

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am confused with process of step 2D in T-code SU25 while doing Security Upgrade.

In step 2D we get a list of Roles with the OLD and NEW T-code for that role.

I had the following query

1.) How do i change the T-code from OLD to NEW in a ROLE .I mean the steps ...(what i have to do to change a single T-code or multiple T-code)

2.)What is the Difference between "Manually adjust menu" , "Automatically adjust menu" and "Automatically add menu".

3.)There is 3 Status indicator (RED , , Green) what is the difference in them .

Regards

Anthony D'souza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

>

> I had the following query

>

> 1.) How do i change the T-code from OLD to NEW in a ROLE .I mean the steps ...(what i have to do to change a single T-code or multiple T-code)

I see no difference to regular role maintenance. Change the T-code(s) in the menu and adjust authorizations.

> 2.)What is the Difference between "Manually adjust menu" , "Automatically adjust menu" and "Automatically add menu".

Manually= DIY,

Auto adjust= put in new trans and take out old ones,

Auto add= put in new trans and leave in old ones.

> 3.)There is 3 Status indicator (RED , , Green) what is the difference in them .

Green light means the role is OK and needs no more work. Guess what red means

What you can do is copy one of the red light roles to a temp one. Enter SU25 step 2D again and work on the copy to see what happens. Also you could download such a role with PFCG prior to changing it. That way you can always reverse your work.

Jurjen

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

>

> I had the following query

>

> 1.) How do i change the T-code from OLD to NEW in a ROLE .I mean the steps ...(what i have to do to change a single T-code or multiple T-code)

I see no difference to regular role maintenance. Change the T-code(s) in the menu and adjust authorizations.

> 2.)What is the Difference between "Manually adjust menu" , "Automatically adjust menu" and "Automatically add menu".

Manually= DIY,

Auto adjust= put in new trans and take out old ones,

Auto add= put in new trans and leave in old ones.

> 3.)There is 3 Status indicator (RED , , Green) what is the difference in them .

Green light means the role is OK and needs no more work. Guess what red means

What you can do is copy one of the red light roles to a temp one. Enter SU25 step 2D again and work on the copy to see what happens. Also you could download such a role with PFCG prior to changing it. That way you can always reverse your work.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen Heeck ,

Thanks for clearing my query no. 1 and 2 .

Regarding the 3rd query i am still confused since ,

I had selected one of the Role and clicked on "Manually adjust Menu" , after getting into the MENU tab of the Role i didn't do any changes but just returned back without saving .Now the status has become green for that role .

Please can you suggest as to why ?

Best Regards

Anthony D'souza

0 Kudos

>

> Regarding the 3rd query i am still confused since ,

>

> I had selected one of the Role and clicked on "Manually adjust Menu" , after getting into the MENU tab of the Role i didn't do any changes but just returned back without saving .Now the status has become green for that role .

>

> Please can you suggest as to why ?

The system merely creates a 'worklist' for you in SU25. By going into a role from there and returning to the list it assumes you've made the neccesary adjustments to the role but it (obviuosly) does not check that. The traffic lights are a help instrument, not a guarantee everything's fine.