cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 4.0 sizing with quicksizer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

We plan to install a server with SolMan 4.0 to change our server with our SolMan 3.2.

I tried sizing my server with quicksizer which is not designed for sizing Solution Manager. But I tried.

At the end, I only understood that I can take a server with X Gb RAM, X Gb disk but I don't understood the sizing concerning the CPU : SAPS 1600 for example...

I am not able to define what is a SAPS even if I read all the SAP duocuments about benchmarks.

Could anyone help me to define the CPU needed for my server ?

We use SUN Solaris servers.

Many thanks if you can help.

Best regards,

Stéphan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan,

Goto http://www.sap.com/solutions/benchmark/measuring/index.epx to see the description of the SAPS Definition (SAP Application Performance Standard).

Overall to summarize: SAP is not a hardware vendor and the SAPS Definition is an agreed upon method of defining the capacity requirements of an SAP system which all hardware vendors can translate into actual hardware. As CPU's increase in speed and memory decreases in latency, storage arrays, fiber channels, virtual or LPAR environments - the overall SAPS will remain unchanged or change with respect to customer activity, volume, business needs and release and type of the SAP Application.

Hope that makes some sense - take the SAPS to your hardware vendor and they will be able to translate the SAP's to the respective eqiupment as necessary.

Do additionally refer to the respective installation guide for minimum requirements for Solution Manager Installation to insure your solution is capable of meeting minimum requirements.

If this has answered your question, please set this thread to answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Many thanks for your reply very helpfull.

Regards,

Stéphan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I disagree with your first point itself

There exists a sizing guide for SOLMAN

Check [this.|https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000325052007E/Sizing_Guide_SOLMAN40_V5.pdf]

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raguraman,

Please see the exact sentence contained in this PDF :

"Solution Monitoring and Diagnostics are not included in the Quick Sizer Tool.".

So quicksizer can not help when you only use Solution Monitoring and Diagnostics, what is my case...

I did read this PDF entirely before trying the quicksizer and opening this thread.

Regards,

Stéphan

Edited by: Stéphan on Feb 21, 2008 7:52 AM

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you have never mentioned that you are looking for Diagnostics!! The post just said, sizing for solution manager, which mislead to some other conlusion. Anyways, all the best.

--Ragu