cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I use BAPI or XI will be better option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

At my client They r using one machine to calculate gradation of Milk. We want to update data from machine software to SAP for every 10 minutes. which will be better solution BDC, BAPI or XI. They can provide text file too. Performance wise and economically which will be better solution.

Pls help me.

Nitin A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u have XI in ur landscape, only then go for File - XI - RFC (BAPI) interface. If this requirement is not frequent, e.g. once a moth, then u may use the BDCs.

A new XI installation for a small message flow will not be economic.

Regards,

Prateek

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is something like you wanna choose between which programming language is best between C , c++ and java. :). The thing is that if you know the advantage of each of the system of programming or EAI, you will be able to find out. anyways , if requirement is for one time, then better write a program and then sechdule it for next time. In my opinion, better find the advantage and what exactly you want .

hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could direclty use BAPI also to update it.

But security wise and reusability wise XI will be better option.

XI will provide you the loosly coupled environment for both the systems and better for futures enhancements also which in case of BPI you will have point-to point connectivity and it may lead to more maitainance activities in future enhancements.

I will suggest to go for direct use of BAPI or XI or any other alternative from future perceptive.

Even you will be doing it for per 10 mins, it will not affect much on the perfromance of XI based on the valume of data available in file.

Thanks

Swarup