cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query :Plausibility factor (%)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there ,

I am not quite clear about Plausibility factor (%) that we maintain in the Plant dependent QM setting in SPRO

Please suggest me

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik Choudhury

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have not specified plausibility limit (lower / upper depends upon the spec) in the MIC , then plausability factor mentioned in the plant level settings will be used.

About Plausability factor:

This field is used only for results recording of quantitative

characteristics. It protects against the recording and processing of invalid or improbable values. If the actual value of the variable lies outside the plausibility limit defined by the limiting value entered in this field, the system may issue a warning message or block further processing.

Hope this will helps you.

Regards

K.M.Arun

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for sharing the information with me. I got a query that we maintain the MIC or class characteristic with some Upper & lower limit. Then are you telling that if the value that we enter during the result recording fall below or above the limit specified with Plausibility then the system will issue message......

Example: MIC : Length

USL : 10

LSL : 20

Plausibility factor (%)- 10

Now if we enter 8 or 23 then the system will issue message but 9 or 21 is fine from that perspective

Please comment on the same

Thanks & Regards

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you are going to specify Plausibility limit in MIC , you can directly specify the Lower & upper plausibility limit.

In your case

USL :20

LSL: 10

You can specify Lower plausibilty limit as 9 & upper as 21.

System will issue message for any value < 9 & >21.

In case of specifying Plausibility factor in plant level QM settings ,

Refer the help tips provided by SAP..

Factor (%) with Which the Plausibility Limit Is Calculated

Use

If plausibility limits are not set for a quantitative characteristic in the plan, this factor (a percentage) is used along with the tolerance limits to calculate the plausibility limits for results recording.

Example

The plausibility limits are calculated on the basis of the tolerance

limits as follows:

Plausibility factor: 200 (%)

Upper tolerance limit: 150

Upper plausibility limit: 300

Lower tolerance limit: 50

Lower plausibility limit: 25

Regards

K.M.Arun

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I got your point ...... one last question as sandbox is down at my end so I am able to check the same.

If we maintain two differrent Plausibility factor (%).... in MIC & plant level setting in SAP then I beleive that the value maintained in MIC will be given higher preference.....

Please correct me if I am wrong.......

Thanks & Regrads

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes you are right.

In fact at MIC level , we directly specify the limit (lower/upper) and at plant level setting , we specify the %.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Answers (0)