cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample RFID based Project using SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Can anybody send me a RFID based project that can be implemented using XI?

I searched in sdn and Google, but didn't come across any.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer step-by step process for RFID project

An Introduction to RFID

/people/steve.winkler/blog/2006/05/03/an-introduction-to-rfid

RFID Scenario Installation-Configuration

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/28/rfid-scenario-installation-configuration

Concept of RFID & Usage with Mobile Infrastructure

/people/rajendra.yadav2/blog/2005/07/19/concept-of-rfid-usage-with-mobile-infrastructure

RFID Scenario Installation-Preparation

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/09/rfid-scenario-installation-preparation

RFID Scenario Installation-Installation

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/17/rfid-scenario-installation-installation

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Yes, I browsed through those blogs before I posted this question here. But it is not very clear for me. This is the first Case Study for me. Before this I have worked on only few scenarios like File to File, File to BAPI etc. There were few blogs which had step by step approach for those scenarios. Can't I get something similar to that wrt RFID too?

Thank you,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please don't mind but I am not getting what exactly you are looking for.

Because the above posted links have covered all the configuration as well as installation things with XI step-by-step.

Are you looking for the basic flow of RFID or do you have any scenario where this RFID is to be implement.

RFID is generally used as for indentification purpose, normally used with your login cards, or bar-code system at shops etc.

Let me know if you are looking for any specific scenario to be implemented. Because if you are comparing it with other scenarios then do you have sender and receiver systems ready with you.

for e.g. if you are dealing with bar codes, then you have to connect the bar-code application with XI and then to receiver system such as database or may be SAP.

On the basis of request from that application XI will provide the data to bar code application (such as item code, item price, quantity etc) from data base or SAP or anyother application.

I hope now you might be clear with it

thanks

Swarup

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

/people/shang-ling.jui2/blog/2005/08/28/rfid-scenario-installation-configuration

This blog on "RFID Scenario Installation-Configuration" directly shows up with all configuration, which has been done already. So, basically I am not understanding the flow here.

Look at this example of File to File Scenario: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/flat%2bfile%2bto%2bflat%2bfile

This gives me the perfect picture. I can understand what is happening where. But in case of RFID's blog above, it is at a higher level I reckon, which I am not able to follow.

Can I get any scenario which gives me an approach similar to the one above (File to File)?

Thank you,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

For RFID normally the application is on Web based applications to either SAP or Database,

So the steps for configuration are same as for

SOAP to JDBC/RFC or RFC/JDBC ---> XI ---> SOAP

And there are bunch of materials and links available for these scenarios.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Swarup......

Answers (0)