cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameterf for Transaction MCD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to fill in the correct info for my mobile applications in transaction MCD but I cannot get the parameers right!

These would be the fields on the "Deployment" tab namely :

1. WEBSERVER

2. WEBPATH

Im getting the errors when syncronising...

Basically, I only get the name of the application on my mobile device. It shows that the file size is 0B.

It does not seem to "pull" the application through... I think this is because of the settings as per above...

Can I please get some DETAILED info as I am new to all of this...

MAX POINTS WILL BE REWARDED FOR USEFULL AWNSERS.

Many tks

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

The values for the fields 1. WEBSERVER

2. WEBPATH

are sent to ABAP stack from J2ee engine, this will happen when ypu deploy any

mobile components i.e(.sda file) through SDM in j2ee engine.Once its deployed you have to press the reload button available under mobile component page.This will make both ABAP and java stack in synch.

Hope this clears your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many tks,

The thing is, is in not sure WHAT to put in these fields.

Im guessing that the webserver should be the J2EE part (namely 50XXX port being used).

The thing I picked up though is : when im prompted to press RELOAD after deployment, an error is generated. IT DOES NOT TRIGGER THE RELOAD ACTION. I have taken this up with my Basis guys.

Do you think this is basically the problem, or will the ABAP/Jaca stacks sync anyway at a later stage without you having to press the RELOAD button at this point?

tks

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

the problem here: all these values are taken automatically. The URL you send me with the screenshot looks a little weired. My URL for the download is:

http://sapXXX.company.EU:8265/meContainerSync/servlet/com.sap.ip.mi.http.MobileComponentServlet?Appl...

Ok, in my case it is a JSP App, but even you have a AWT app the differece should not be that much.

The port in my case (8265) is because I use a dispatcher - in your case it should be 50000.

If I type that URL - found in the DOWNLOAD LINK line at Mobile components in NWA into my browser, I can download the App from outside MI.

If that is not working in your case, I think you need to have a chat with the basis people about the setup of the server. At least that is the thing I would do then. If download works with the URL - let me know.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

The values in the webserver and webpath are automatically filled when an application is uploaded using webconsole. None of these values are entered manually. Also when an application is uploaded in the webconsole, a MCD of type application is created which can be viewed in MCD transaction.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

well, you do not have to go that far - based on your initial problem.

Open the NWA in the J2EE engine.

Then: Administration -> Mobile Infrastructure-> Mobile Components

There enter the name of the App and press search. Select the mobile component shown on the first table. In the lower part of the screen, you can find the details of the selected mobile component. There are 3 columns - at least in my case. WEBSERVER, WEBPATH and Download link.

Well, based on the post you had yesterday, try if the DOWNLOAD link work if you type it directly in to the browser. I fnot, check where the issue is or send me the screenshot - I could give you a better hint about your problem then.

But anyway I hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver