cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent installs on server with multiple instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When installing the SMD agent onto a server with mulitple SAP instances on it, do you only have to install one agent? Or one for each SAP instance?

Is it required to install agents on abap only application servers?

Thanks for your help

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that

So if the server has two Abap instances, you install two agents?

Is that correct?

Thanks

Matt

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

The rule is basically simple:

- One Agent per host.

1-So this means if your have different system BI/CRM/XI..installed on the same host/server you will have to install only one agent.

2-If your system, as mutliple server node or instance on same host, only one SMD Agent.

3- The same if your system is spread on different host, you will have to install one SMD Agent per host.

BUT (this is the tricky part) if you use virtual host on your physical host, you will have to install 1 SMD agent per virtual host.

Are you using Virtual Host? if not only 1 Agent.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two systems in one phisical host, but in two different virtual hosts. I have already installed SMD Agent on virtula host A. So how I have to install the second SMD Agent to vitual host B? Should I choose different SMD instance number (my current is 95) or only I have to choose my virtual host B during installation and all other parameters should be the same?

Regards,

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I have two systems in one phisical host, but in two different virtual hosts. I have already installed SMD Agent on virtula host A. So how I have to install the second SMD Agent to vitual host B? Should I choose different SMD instance number (my current is 95) or only I have to choose my virtual host B during installation and all other parameters should be the same?

>

> Regards,

Safer is to Choose diiferent SMD Instance Number, as if your Virtual Host could share the same Disk or mount disk. (We could have lot of different configuration there).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just another quick question!!

Do you have to install an agent an all application servers or just central instance?

Thanks

M

FredericOzon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Just another quick question!!

>

> Do you have to install an agent an all application servers or just central instance?

>

> Thanks

>

> M

You should install on each server (CI and DI).

Fred

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The rule is one SMD Agent per host or virtual host. If you want to enable E2E RCA you also need to install an SMD Agent on pure ABAP instance.

Best regards,

Stephan