Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete an ABAP Program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How to delete an ABAP program that is in the SAP Production Server using a Transport Request. Why I am asking this is I want to maintain consistency between the Production & Development Box and I don’t want to open the Production Box just to delete the ABAP Program. Once the ABAP Program in the Development Box is Deleted a Transport Request should be made when Transported to the Production it should delete the ABAP program in the Production Box.

Thanks,

Kishan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

YA BY DELETING THE THE PROGRAM ON HTE DEVELOPEMENT BOX , U CAN TRANSPORT HTE REQUEST TO THE PRODUCTION BOX AND HTE PROGRAM WILL BE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY AFTER THE REQUEST IS TRANSPORTED TO HTE PRODUCTION BOX.

REGARDS,

KARTIKEY

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

YA BY DELETING THE THE PROGRAM ON HTE DEVELOPEMENT BOX , U CAN TRANSPORT HTE REQUEST TO THE PRODUCTION BOX AND HTE PROGRAM WILL BE DELETED AUTOMATICALLY AFTER THE REQUEST IS TRANSPORTED TO HTE PRODUCTION BOX.

REGARDS,

KARTIKEY

former_member221770
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishan,

You woule never simply delete the program in thr PRD system.

Delete the program in the DEV system which will ask for a transport. When you import the transport into your TST and PRD system the object will ten be deleted.

Cheers,

Pat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

him

I don't thing is possible via transports

sasi

0 Kudos

Sasi,

If you are concerned that the system won't ask for a transport, do a minor change to the program (which will definately ask for a transport) then delete the program via SE38 / SE80.

Cheers,

Pat.

0 Kudos

Ofcourse this is possible and Kishan is on the right path. In the request , in the objects list you will see a column "Function". This will be set to "D" ( delete ) when you delete a program. With the help of this field only the transport system knows what to do in the target system . This field is set automatically with correct value when you delete or change an object . Do an F1 help on this field for more details on other values.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Thanks All Points Awarded

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishan,

When you delete the program using SE38, the system will prompt you for a request. You can migrate the same to production.

Sudha