cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error launching WebDynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am just about to get a little bit into WebDynpro. I have just selected this Sample WebDynpro: IOS_TEST_SIMPLE_MS.

It tells me the URL in the WebDynpro Explorer and says it is activated. Opening the URL I get the error message that the call was terminated and that the service could not be reached. Error Code is 404.

Is there anything else I have to do before being able to view a WebDynpro?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything works now.

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay I talked to our SAP administrators and they started all the services. They are now up and running and I can connect to the WebAS using my browser.

The problem now is that I always get a timeout when trying to start one of the test applications.

Has anybody got an idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

regards,

Martin

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

likely the system is compiling the source code due to the fact that it gets executed for the first time.

In transaction sm50 you can verify it. Just check for work processes with "generate" statements.

A solution to this is to either execute the application over and over again until the compiling stops,

to increase the timeout or to generate the WDA related classes in a background task.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replies.

I am still not quite sure about the service starting.

I have read the documentation and understand the following:

To be able to use WebDynpro I have to use Transaction SICF and then set these services active: /default_host -- /default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro -- /default_host/sap/public/bc/ur -- /default_host/sap/public/bc/icons -- /default_host/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl -- /default_host/sap/public/bc/webicons -- /default_host/sap/public/bc/pictograms -- /default_host/sap/public/myssocntl -- and then my application as well?

Did I understand that correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The service coresponding to this applicationn might need activation.

If you do not have authorizations, ask your basis guys to activate the service ( it is same as your application name ) in ICF.

Hope that helps.

Regds,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the [documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/d28dfa34bb12bee10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Regards, Heidi