cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to work on a scenario in which two different files will be made available to us in a folder in the FTP site. We have to pick the first file and has to send it to R/3 through some RFC. Upon successful execution of the first file in R/3 the second file should be picked and should be processed.

If the processing of first file gives any error then the required error mail should be trigerred and the second file should be stopped from processing otherwise a success mail should trigger for the first file and then the second file should be processed.

I believe that BPM should be used in this scenario. Please give me your opinion on this scenario and also if possible send me some blogs etc on how to do this scenario.

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Now in this scenario, after my first file File1 is picked by RFC1 and posted in R/3 then the RFC will give back response as N or Y.

If it is N then second file file File2 should be picked by RFC2 and should be posted in R/3 but if RFC1 gives response as Y then File2 should not be picked by RFC2.

I have struck in designing on how the File2 should be picked based on the response of RFC1 and how ID settings should be done.

Please guide me in copleting this scenario.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use BPM.

steps:

1. File receive ( abs asyn message )

2. RFC send (abs syn message)

3. switch (depending on the result )

4. Branch 1 (Sccess mail and receive for another file and futher processing as required)

5. Branch 2 (failure mail )

Hope this can help you out to some extend.

-Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

your BPM look like this:

http://www.imageno.com/thumbs/20080221/b9znvnn5ho6g.jpg

thanks

farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know about the good links to share images:) if you have then jst let me know so i can share on that:)

thanks

farooq

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nishu,

Is there any correlation available btw the first and second file.

raj.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these files any way related? Means first file failed.. then we will not process no file after that or should process another first file for the next set of files? If so.. any naming relation is present? Or would they use different folders?

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually first file is having few details which needs to be created first in R/3 before the contents of the second file are moved to R/3. So, I was thinking to get some response from first file RFC which in turn can help in trigerring the second file.

I need your opinion on how this scenario can be achieved?

Regards,

N.Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I udnerstand :

Two files are in the dir.

Need to pick the first file, make a call to RFC, send the information and get the response.

Now if this response is ok mean first file work is done then need to send second file to the same systems???

If first processing get fails then no need to take pick the second file?

thanks

farooq