cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change limits in inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have question, In the result recording screen (Transaction is QE51N,QE11,etc) there are some option that are not available, I mean they are found disable that I can't click & check the functionality of it. E.g. In RR screen Goto>Change unit to be insp.>All four function for this node are not available. Can any one make me clear why it's so this and what should I do to to use/activate it.

I have came across this functionality because of an online query.

In one in process inspection lot the user has rectified the pH limit was wrong and I had and extreme urgent requirement to correct it.

I have suggested them to use unplanned MIC in place of this wrong MIC and force close the wrong one or reverse the entire process.

With Best Regards,

Shyamal Joshi

Edited by: Isabelle Britten on Feb 20, 2008 8:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The correct way is to reverse it, corret the spec, and recreate the lot.

Some of the functions not available are for stability testing, flexible specifications, etc.. Not sure about the specific ones you mentioned. I'd have to look some of them up.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

Can you pls elaborate the "flexible specification"? We are using ECC 6.0, can I go for it with this version??

With Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I believe flexible specs came into play with 5.0? Not sure.

You'll have to read the help on implementing them as I haven't had that opportunity on an implementation. Just in playing in a sandbox and training.

I can give you some info. Flexible specs were developed for the stability functionality. Basically, you create a universal plan with all the inspection characteristics on it. When you create the lot, you can select any characterisitics from this plan and add them to your lot. You can then modify the tolerances and certain other settings for each characteristic.

To implement this outside of the stability functionality there are a couple of BAPi's you have to implement. (I don't know them off the top of my head).

This is not a process that you want to use as a standard business process for day-to-day testing. It's best application I think is for doing things like testing competitive samples, or pilot plant testing, maybe customer technical investigations. The one off stuff.

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Feb 21, 2008 3:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Very much sir,

With Best Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (0)