cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check for finish product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

when i am creating sales order for FG i want to check the availability of material when it is produced?

Which strategy should i use for the same.

What times are calculated,how it is calculated & where it should maintain so that i can get production available date.

Also if i go for planning one step below the fininsh product (Semifinish) then can it still give me the date of final production when i am creating sales order

Plz sed some details about the same.

Thx & Regards,

PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability check functionality is for checking if the SALEABLE MATERIAL is ready for sales, delivery & Billing.Hence it should be only for finished product.

However, to my understanding, your issue is about knowing when a material will be available after production considering that there is NIL STOCK when we raise the sales order.

We have to configure Availability Check with Transfer of Requirements and also maintain in the material master Purchasing tab if it is a inhouse or bought out material and specify the lead time to manufacture. Also we can include lead time for packing transportation etc. Now in the availability check config. please make the necessary settings so to propose the material available date....you should be able to find a solution on these lines.

Award points if useful

Regards,

Jn.