cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Starter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to this module and I am on the support at the client. To start with i want to try a cycle in the devp client.

Please tell me the step by step procedure to run a complete cycle of project.

Please send me some docs if possible on sumeetvvaidya@indiatimes.com.

Thanks in advance,

Sumeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sumit,

A simple and complete cycle of a project involves:

1.Project Definition Creation (give start date & finish date)

2.Cretion of WBS elements under the definition with different levels and assign the persons responsible for each WBS.

3.Create Networks (if u want to) to the required WBSE

4.Crete network activities under the Network Header and assign them to the corresponding WBSE.

5.Give no. of days and hours/day required to each activity completion

6.Assign corresponding WorkCenter to each Network Activity

All these steps can be done in Project Builder (CJ20n)

7.Whatever you have done till now can be overviewed in Project Planning Board (CJ2B) and further planning of costs and others can be done here.

To do all the above steps one should have Project Profile (OPSA) ready in hand with all the other profiles assigned to it. So better you proceed with any default project profile at this moment.

guess this shoud give you some idea on how to start your operative project. You can make use of Standard Templates wherever necessary to work with ease on your operative project.

enjoy SAP PS.

PS: Assign points to me if my response is useful to you.

gud luk

sharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath ,

Thnaks for your reply.

But can you elaborate more on this. Like i would like to know about the different icons and their meanings. Where i stuck up is, which fields are important in CJ20N and CJ2B. Which fields have the main effect on project which I need to understand.

Please consider on those lines.

Thanks and regards,

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Please refer the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/04/926eae46f311d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Search for Project builder & Project planning board. Check relevant links and you will get to know importance of each icon.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tushar

P.S. Reward points for useful answer.