Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quality certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am mapping a quality certificate for outbound delivery

I have created a certificate profile and assigned a MIC which i am using in quality plan. I have done result recording and usage decision for a lot . When i am going to print the certificate for delivery by T code QC02 i am getting a error messeage the detailed messeage is given below.

Please reply soon

The specifications for charac. 0010 were not found in cert.profile AFG Certificate type E21 Version 000001

Message no. QC066

Diagnosis

The specification data for characterisitc 0010 (identifier: Plant 1000 Master inspection characteristic TC) from certificate profile AFG Certificate type E21 Version 000001 was not found.

Procedure

You should note that for the selection from inspection lots, only characterisitics that have been fully processed are included. The implementation guide contains detailed information on how you can Define display modes for inspection characteristics.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can you please tell me the other reasons for above mentioned problem. Is it probleme of function module

Thanks

Amol

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn't answer the question from my last post. What specs are showing in the inspection lot it is pulling from?

I wouldn't know what funciton module your talking about. Do you have a custom function module?

If it was a function module, why would it print specs for other characeristics and not this one?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig,

Sorry to say I could't get u.

Once agin i ll tell u what i am observing.

1) Certificate is getting printed when no characteristics is assigned.

2) When i am using result orign 01i.e inspection result and inspection specification 01 i.e specification from QM i am getting error as no specification found

3) When i am using result orign 01i.e inspection result and inspection specification 10 i.e no specification i am getting error as no values found for characteristics in certificate profile.

I can clearly see the inspection specification and values in the inspection lot.

Thanks.

Edited by: amol shahane on Mar 10, 2008 8:57 AM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. in this most recent post you state that if you print with specifications your getting an error, in an earlier post you said it printed out ok if you specified no specifications.

Also, is tis with one specific characteristic or all characteristics. In an earlier post I understood it to be one particular characteristic.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

This is not with one specific characteristic ; I am getting error for all characteristics

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Please ensure following things:

1. You have MIC status as released.

2. In QC01, you have released the Certificate profile.

3. You have selected the same certificate type in material & profile. Also you have done the proper ticks in the Characteristics assignment (depending on these ticks, your output on the screen changes). Also ensure inspection type assigned.

4. In QC11, you have done the proper material assignment.

5. It is not a manual lot.

6. The inspection of the characteristic (MIC) is completed & the characteristic is valuated & locked. Also the UD is taken. Ensure in the cert. profile you have not selected 'do not print if valuation rejected'.

7. While printing through QC21, you are selecting the proper lot & proper cert profile.

Pl let me know once it works.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all things from 1 to 7 still same error

Thnks

Amol

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know what else to suggest. I take it you have reviewed the error log in the delivery for the COA? I'm not sure it will tell you much more then the error message you already see.

Is this error happening with all your COA profiles or just this one profile? Is for just one delivery? Or does this profile work OK for other deliveries?

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is being very specific.

"specifications for charac. 0010

Look at the characteristic in sort order 0010 in the certificate profile. This is the characterisitc that is causing you problems. There is something different with this characteristic then the other ones your referencing in the inspection lot.

Is it by chance an SPC characteristic with no tolerances set? The issue is that the system can't find specifications to print when you have specified for them to in the profile. To test this, change the profile to not print the specs and see if you get a result.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thanks craig,

I am agree with u but in certificate profile i assigned the MIC by "characteristics from task list" so there is no way out that the MIC in profile & inspection lot is different .Can u please tell me other possible causes.

Thanks

Amol

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never said the MIC was different! What I said is that the specifications aren't available. This might happend if you have an SPC characteristic that is evaluated using the number of std deviations and not tolerances.

Like I said. Test it by removing the requirement to print the spec. If you get the COA, you know your issue is with the specs... just like the error message indicated.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

I tried to print the certificate without specification and found to be working but with specification not.

I tried every thing ( including lot orign & restriction)to print the certificate with specification but not working. Now i am clueless why it not working.

Amol

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

have you fully processed the inspection characteristic you specified.ie have you done the result recoridng and saved.kindly check

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks ,

Yes boss i have done all that,

what could be the other reason

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. now that you know that you have a result, it is indeed an issue with specs, just like the error message indicated. So now you need to find the inspection lot that contains the result you see. In the inspection lot, what are the upper and lower specs shown?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check whether the MIC you assigned in Certificate profile & in Inspection plan are same including version if any.

Also check whether you have checked the required char indicator in the cert profile for that MIC.

Regards

K.M.Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thanks,

MIC is same in quality plan and profile Secondly i have checked the indicator also and tried still same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check:

1. The COA profile is released or not.

2. The material is assigned to it or not.

3. Most important: check the "Restictions for inspection lot selection" in COA profile.

4. Checl the parameters in the Charecteristics data screen in COA profile, esspecially the resutl origin.

Best Of luck,

Regards,

Shyamal Joshi