cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Interim patches of 10.2.0.2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our SAP system to ERP 6.0.

Our current environment is as follows :

SOLARIS 9 (SPARC) / ORACLE 9.2.0.7 / R/3 46B

As it is mandatory to upgrade our database to 10.2.0.2.0, we are currently doing database upgrade from 9.2.0.7.0 to 10.2.0.2.0.

My Question No. 1

-

In the DB Upgrade Guide, at (step 4.1.6) it is mentioned that to apply the interim patches and has referred Note 871096 for deciding on the interim patches.

I had referred the note and it has a lot of interim patches to be applied after installing the 10.2.0.2.0 Patch set.

As a sample, I downloaded one interim patch and read its README.TXT file, it is advising that you should apply this interim patch only if you have specific bugs that are solved in this patch.

As i am unsure whether those bugs really exists in the system and should i really apply the interim patches ?

My Question No.2

-

Should I skip these interim patches and carry out the Upgrade to ERP 6.0 and then apply those interim patches after SAP upgrade, if necessary. Will that be OK?

Kindly advise.

Best Regards

L Raghunahth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi,

You answer your own question.

> In the DB Upgrade Guide, at (step 4.1.6) it is mentioned that to apply the interim patches and has referred Note 871096 for deciding on the interim patches.

The first line of the note says:

> This note contains information about required patches and released patch sets for Oracle Release 10.2.0.

clear, the patches are required

Later on it indicates again:

> Oracle Server Patches for Oracle Release 10.2.0.2 (UNIX)

> You must apply the following patches:

again, it is a must, except for the "optional" patches.

They are a lot of patches but you caninstall them in one go using MOPatch:

> Using MOPatch to apply several patches

> You must apply a relatively large number of patches for Oracle Release

> 10.2.0.2. Information about the patch installation using MOPatch, see

> Note 1027012.

My recommendation, download all the patches relevant for your platform and apply them. A lot of them are preventive patches, if you want to avoid getting an error.

Otherwise, you will hit an error, that can be solve installing one of the patches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually we applied only one generic patch and one interim patch.

Now that since we have finished Prepare execution already, should we continue with the same and then apply all the interim patches after SAP Upgrade, will that be OK?

Thanks & Best Regards

L Raghunahth

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can apply before of after, it's your call, but I usually complete the patching steps BEFORE upgrade. also, have you applied post-processing steps from the Oracle patches such as running a few SQL script and adapting initSId.ora (or SPFILE) ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after upgrading oracle to 10.2.0.2 you can apply CPU patches October 2007 as SAP Note 1107601

Should I skip these interim patches and carry out the Upgrade to ERP 6.0 and then apply those interim patches after SAP upgrade, if necessary. Will that be OK?

-> yes you can

read 871096 note carefully and check which patch is relavnt to SOLARIS SPARC,

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I advise nevertheless to apply INTERIM, there can be problems, and after a upgrade you should waste time on installation as to work and install patches at you it will not turn out.

It will not occupy from you a lot of time, SAP advise it.

Regards.