cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server java.net.SocketExce ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The scenario is from Idoc to flat file and messages are getting processed successfully in XI. (No Error in SXMB_Moni) but in receiver communication channel error is coming as follows :

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "10.112.13.238:21": java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

what could be the possible reason. How to avoide this Error. ?

we are on PI 7.0 with SP13.

Regards,

Umesh

Edited by: Umesh Sonawane on Feb 20, 2008 7:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is usually due to firewall issue at the receiver end. Make sure that the ports are open on the receiver betwork for XI.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check:

1) ping the ip address from command prompt it should pint to the target ip address.

2) check the FTp ip address in the communication channel try to use only 10.112.13.238:21( i think this was wrong format).

3) check the loginid and password in comm channel.

4) Check is there any firwall installed in between.

another things can be happening are related to security questions, like firewall, adapter timeout, etc... check these things.

regards

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Possiblities to get the error

1) Check Whethere you have the Propper read/write access to that Prticular Folder for FTP Server

2) Check the User name/pwd once againg

Regards

Seshagiri

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make Sure you are able to connect to the FTP location first then enter the details in the file adapter.

goto your cmdPrompt---

->Type FTP->Connect 10.112.13.238--> it will ask you to enter the username and PWD if you are able to login ther then your file adapter will also work.

I feel the creadential are wrong check the details what have you entered....also make sure the user which you are using to login is not locked on the FTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

thanx for your reply... But let me tell you that this is our production scenario which is running without any problem for more than 2-3 weeks. all of a sudden we are starting getting this error form yesterday onwards.

I think there is no problem with the IP address & other things.

The problem got solved by re-starting the Production server.

but today when i was observing the Comm. Channels i have got the above mentioned error. but messages are getting processed

successfully. (Channel Re-try option)

Following is the action/Observations for your help which we took in yesterday.

1. Using TC SXMB_MONI, checked for processed messages for Receiver Service “BS_FTP_6300_Kochi”. There were many processed messages without any error.

2. Using Runtime Workbench (Component Monitoring – Adapter Engine – Communication Channel Monitoring), checked for receiver communication channel “FTP_Recv_ToTAS_6300_KOCHI”. This channel was working. However, in the tab Cluster Node - Time Stamp Column, the latest processed message was showing the time 10:01:26 am, where as in SXMB_MONI the latest processed message was having time 13:37:00.

3. Using the Runtime Workbench (Message Monitoring – Receiver Service) tried to resend the message, after copying the message id from SXMB_MONI. However, the status of the message was showing as “To be Delivered” even after resending.

4. The above problem was brought to the notice of Basis Team. Using TC SMQ2 (qRFC Monitor for Inbound Q), Basis Team checked if any messages are there. There were about 600 idocs, which was pushed / cleared. Still the documents were not coming to adapter engine.

5. Basis Team checked the archive log of the system. In this log, the error “File#Plain###File processing failed with java.net.SocketException: Connection reset# ” was appearing.

6. Basis Team restarted the XI Production Server, after which idocs started moving.

Pl. help me guys...

Regards,

Umesh

Edited by: Umesh Sonawane on Feb 20, 2008 7:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Today also we are facing the similar problem....

Pl. help me guys....

waiting for your reply....

Regards,

Umesh