Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy multiple Roles at a time

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there some way to copy multiple Security Roles(PFCG) into new Roles?

I do not want to copy several roles into 1 role(composite role)

Rather, I want to make copies of several roles at one shot.

Currently PFCG allows only copying 1 role into a new role

Thanks

Edited by: Gautam Poddar on Feb 21, 2008 11:13 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Can you please elaborate on your question? you want to copy actual roles or only authorization objects.If you want to copy roles,only composite roles which can contain those single roles.

Regards,

Ramgopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of copying Multiple role into single role and put extra effort, try and create a composite role and add multiple single role into this composite role.

This will work as per your requirement but in this case if you change in any of the role, this will reflect in composite role also.

Rgds,

- gaurav

0 Kudos

if you want to cerate multiple copies of multiple roles there ia only one solution:

When available use CATT if not Use LSMW

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee

HI,

I use a little workaround to copy a set of single roles at once:

1. create a new composite role

2. add the roles a want to copy into this composite role

3. copy the composite role

4. a popup asks me, if I want to copy the single roles as well. A-->YES!

(thats the trick).

5. Now a popup appears with the list of all single roles of that comp. role. In the right window I add the new names of the single roles.

6. After the copy is done, I remove the new single roels from the new composite role and delete the new composite role (and the same of course for the old composite role without deleting the old single roles)

b.rgds, Bernhard