cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Sealing...(Export)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My Client following ,,,,,Export sales by Self sealing..procedure.In this scnario ,company people will check the goods and sealed by thr own company seal.and enter intothe ARE-1 form.

Once goods reached to the port ,their customs people open the Packing and customs peoplewill check the goods.

How can i Map it into SAP and Is thr any other procedure for self sealing..

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Luckky.

Edited by: lucky on Feb 20, 2008 5:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear lucky

As you may be aware in Exports, two types of shipments are made. One is FCL (Full Container Load) and LCL (Less Container Load).

In normal circumstances, self sealing will be made in the manufacturing plant in the presence of Central Excise authorities where there will not be Customs inspection.

For LCL shipments, material will be despatched from plant in a lorry (authorised by Customs) and cargo inspection will be carried out in Port by Customs authorities.

In your case, I dont know whether the self sealing is made for FCL or LCL shipments.

Whatever may be these are all only physical activities and why you want to capture all these things in SAP. May be you can distinguish exports shipments with some text "Self Sealing" and "Customs Sealing".

Nevertheless, in either of the above cases, you need to incur some expenses for which you can create a condition type and assign it to pricing procedure. If the expenses are fixed due to some contract agreement with the shipping agent, then it will be very easy for you to capture those costs through a condition type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmipathi,

Thanks for your Quick responce...

Which document we should update like3 ARE-1 PartA

when will update ARE-1 Part B ....

Please clear my doubts....

Thakns in Advance

Regards

Luckky

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear lucky

Though I am not an expert in Excise, I will try to brief you to the best of my knowledge.

Part A will be certified by Excise authorities if the export cargo container is self sealing in manufacturing plant by excise authorities. Part B will be certified by Customs Preventive Officer at the time of shipment approving the cargo to move out from India.

In case of LCL shipments, Part A will NOT be updated by Excise authorities. Once cargo is made, you have to submit proof of export documents like shipping bill, export invoice along with ARE-1 to Excise authorities. After verifying the documents, the Central Excise authorities will certify.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankz a lot laxmipathi,,,,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)