cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

depricated createWindow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using createWindow() method to create popup window. As createWindow() is depricated instead of following line of code

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createWindow( windowInfo, true);

i used following line of code

//IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow(windowInfo);

But i m not getting object in window , i.e. window is null. I don't want to use depricated method , is there any other solution???

Kavita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use as follows

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("EmailWindow");
	  IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow(windowInfo);
	  window.show();

//Store the window instance for later use, closing purpose

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got solution. Null pointer exception bcoz of i was using same window and its instance in two different views. Thnx guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about windowInfo? Is it initialized properly. What is the line of code, you have written for windowInfo?

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo)wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("EmailWindow");

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need to explicitly cast the IWDWindowInfo. findInWindows() method returns IWDWindowInfo object itself. Are you sure there is a window "EmailWindow" in your project.

Else everything looks fine. Please do add the code:

window.show(); // to display the popup window.

thanks & regards,

Manoj